Home

Replay Frustration

This is a discussion on Replay Frustration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Replay Frustration

I'm a Replay fanatic and will be choosing the MAX setting on Auto Replay slider, but I'm very disappointed in the quality of the replays in this year's game. I thought I had read that the replay stops as soon as the ball touches the goal line??? Can anyone verify that?

My son and his friend played a great game yesterday that I watched. Ended up 41-35 in OT. The OT touchdown was an awesome dive over the top into the endzone and we all wanted to watch the Replay. But the replay ends AS SOON AS BEANIE WELLS HITS THE AIR AND THE BALL HITS THE GOAL LINE!! So we missed the part where he gets his legs taken out and flips around but lands holding onto the ball for the TD.

There have been multiple times where the replay stops WAY too soon. I'm still holding out hope that these are going to be cut short in the DEMO only because of space issues and that the final version of the game will include full replays as we've come to know them.

Otherwise, this game is looking GREAT to me. Just want to enjoy those replays to the fullest is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Replay Frustration

you'll be happy to know that it also only records the last part of the play!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

You'll also be pleased as punch to know that early screenshots show that there is only an on/off toggle, not a slider.

I'm right there with you, man. I love auto instant replays. It's very strange that EA's motto is "If you see it on Sunday, it's in the game" yet based on what we've heard and the videos we've seen, this game hardly shows any at all, and they're cut off.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ian said thats a bug their working on.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

this DEV team still fails to realize that all of these little aspects of the game add up to the overall experience
(bad camera cutaways, boring announcers, custom camera angles, buggy replay system, limited/broken challenge system, relevant cutscenes, lighting.. etc...)

these are the little things that made 2k so great and enjoyable and still relevant today.

until EA/Tiburon gets this.. their product will always be subpar to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
this DEV team still fails to realize that all of these little aspects of the game add up to the overall experience
(bad camera cutaways, boring announcers, custom camera angles, buggy replay system, limited/broken challenge system, relevant cutscenes, lighting.. etc...)

these are the little things that made 2k so great and enjoyable and still relevant today.

until EA/Tiburon gets this.. their product will always be subpar to me.
Lol, give me a break. Should the replays be longer? Of course.

But ALLLL the little things Ian and his staff have added in this year clearly shows this new team is headed in the right direction. If you can't see the dramatic turnaround this group has made in a year, then you'll never be satisfied.

And don't give me the boring argument of "well 2k did...". You're right 2k did, and Madden should have been. But they didn't. That doesn't mean however, it's ever too late to start. And CLEARLY they have finally started.

Even your beloved 2k didn't do it all perfect on their first try.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31

This has been an ongoing problem for sports video games in general.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

This happens every year. There is one glaring, obvious problem that everyone who can't stand Madden uses as an excuse to complain about it. Yes its a problem and they should've caught it. But is it really going to kill your enjoyment of the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »