Home

Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good Job!

This is a discussion on Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good Job! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #25
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good J

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I'm at a complete loss as to how the art team adding/correcting jerseys have anything to do with gameplay and AI.

Unless Ian has to hop on a plane and take a 10 hour flight to the art department to bring them a piece of reference material to get something right in the game...I still don't think the art department (graphics) have any influence, directly or indirectly, on what the development team does (AI, gameplay, game modes, options.)

How can you not understand? What if Madden shuts down the art department next season and hires additional developers for Madden 11 and simply reuses Madden 10 art for next years game? That is simple substitution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good J

I just read this whole thread. And now my brain hurts! WTF are you guys talking about??? I mean really!! anybody? anybody? Can I get my 10 minutes back? please!!

"Operation Sports Dedicated to Sport Gamers that complain"
Old 08-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
How can you not understand? What if Madden shuts down the art department next season and hires additional developers for Madden 11 and simply reuses Madden 10 art for next years game? That is simple substitution.
^^^Yet another person who has absolutely no idea of how games are made.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
^^^Yet another person who has absolutely no idea of how games are made.
Please explain what you mean. My wife is a game developer. I think I know how it works. If her company fired the artists, they could simply reuse old art.

They could use that money to hire more developers. Please enlighten me. Seriously. I really want to know what you mean.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #29
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
He is upset resources that potentially could have been used on gameplay issues were used on graphics and art.
i have read in the past that Tiburon has a relatively small design team, and just doesn't want to allocate the resources necessary to make a complex game like Madden.

They need to hire more DEVS. until then, we will never get out of the "Maybe Next Year" cycle

You can bet that if there was some competition this is exactly what would happen, but as we all know there is no competition, so there is no incentive for them to hire more staff.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

what's the definition of a rant?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
They need to hire more DEVS. until then, we will never get out of the "Maybe Next Year" cycle
You can bet that if there was some competition this is exactly what would happen, but as we all know there is no competition, so there is no incentive for them to hire more staff.
Well even when they had competition, Madden still won the sales war...and if they do that with less costs, they will always win that battle.

Plus why would they not have a "Maybe next year" cycle ? They put out a game every year, are some of you hoping that one year they will make a game that will have everything you want in it, and you will never need to buy a Madden Football game again ? (p.s. ....thats never gonna happen)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #32
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan46
Well even when they had competition, Madden still won the sales war...and if they do that with less costs, they will always win that battle.

Plus why would they not have a "Maybe next year" cycle ? They put out a game every year, are some of you hoping that one year they will make a game that will have everything you want in it, and you will never need to buy a Madden Football game again ? (p.s. ....thats never gonna happen)
1. They will and have won the sales war purely based on history and tradition, not by actually having a better product.
2. Nobody is asking for a perfect game, only to at least be as good as last gen Madden's, which it is not.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »