Home

Sports Illustrated / MADDEN '10 deal $49.99

This is a discussion on Sports Illustrated / MADDEN '10 deal $49.99 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #25
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Sports Illustrated / MADDEN '10 deal $49.99

We all got scammed. The game is out of stock. This is another way for EA to boost their sales by saying we sold ?????? much copies. If you order the SI subscription you pretty much give Madden a sale. Another market scam by EA. I canceled my order today because my PS3 version was out of stock. I'm going to rent from gamefly and keep my 360 I got from gamestop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #26
Rookie

phootball's Arena

OVR: 3

Has anyone gotten their SI copy of Madden yet? Just curious.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #27
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
We all got scammed. The game is out of stock. This is another way for EA to boost their sales by saying we sold ?????? much copies. If you order the SI subscription you pretty much give Madden a sale. Another market scam by EA. I canceled my order today because my PS3 version was out of stock. I'm going to rent from gamefly and keep my 360 I got from gamestop.
Who said Madden was "out of stock"?

If you order SI you gave Madden a sale ... ok, so? If I picked a copy up from Best Buy I gave Madden a sale as well. In fact, depending on how they want to report it, Madden could count all the copies sitting on Best Buy's shelf as a sale for them...a sale to Best Buy.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here is a little update on this situation. I got he subscription and planned on giving the game to my college roommate as a birthday present.(his birthday is next week the day we move down to school) Thought we could waste a day or 7 playing the game.

Today at my summer job, a co-worker told me that he called sports illustrated last night to see when he would get his "gift" aka the game(He ordered it August 13th) and was told it would take 6-8 weeks.

Tonight after work I called to verify the 6-8 week delivery time cause as I said my roommate's birthday is next week and I planned on getting him the game even before I heard about this deal. The guy I talked to, Ron, told me that due to higher than expected order volume, Sports Illustrated was unable to meet the demand and they were currently in the process of ordering more from EA so it would take 6-8 weeks to get my gifts.

I then cancelled my order and will receive a full refund since I have not received my gifts. If you guys have any questions, let me know. I talked to the guy for awhile after this cause I am from green bay and he saw it in my account information and we got around to talking about Favre.

Last edited by Favre4; 08-18-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #29
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm glad I ended up doing the trade 2 + $10 deal at EB. Unless trade-in value drops before I get my SI copy, the delay doesn't affect me in the least.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #30
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I have talked to them a few times. If you call the regular subscription number (some overseas call center) they will tell you 6-8 weeks. I ordered online and the next day called them to ask how long it would be. Then when I asked to cancel I was told to call another number because my order was not yet in the system.

The lady I talked to at this customer service number (800.528.5000) told me I couldn't cancel until my name was in the system. She said not to worry though because if I used a credit card and the charge had gone through my game would ship when it came out so I should have it the first week give or take a day or two.

After hearing new stories today I called back. The customer service lady did confirm that there was an issue with manufacturing and that this would delay the orders. She said games are expected to go out no later than the end of this month so 2 weeks at worst. Both times I have talked to people at this other number they have been well spoken and fluent in English...not the case at the number you get off the SI website.

I decided I didn't want to chance it so I canceled. She said it would take a few days to cancel and if by chance the manufacturing issues are sorted out tomorrow and my game ships before my cancelation goes through she told me not to open the game as it would nullify the cancellation. That I needed to return it IF it ships but she said the last she heard this morning was that it would not so I should not have to worry or send anything back.

I am sure many of the people ordering via SI don't mind the wait but it would have been nice if the shipping times where made a little more clear or conformation emails sent out when items ship...which maybe will happen? Anyway, at this point it is hard to know what to believe when it comes to shipping dates so do what you gotta do.

Last edited by lnin0; 08-18-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

also, my card had already been processed so they notified me that it would take 7-10 days for the payment to return to my account if anyone was interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #32
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I just called SI customer service this afternoon, and they told me the game and Madden video would both be shipping on Aug. 24th. Either way, it was definitely worth it for me, it's gonna be great to have SI for football season, and I'm enjoying NCAA still so I can wait for Madden to get here. Hopefully some of the dedicated guys here can find workarounds for the problems that have popped up by the time the game gets here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »