Home

Madden for 34.99 xbox 360 only

This is a discussion on Madden for 34.99 xbox 360 only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden for 34.99 xbox 360 only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
im assuming you live in houston?? the one on 610?? that right by my house

good deal, im definitely stopping buy this weekend. wouldnt pay $60 but ill sure pay 35
im also goin to that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Awesome, there's one only eight...hours...away. Gotta love living in South Dakota. Grr.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 17

If you guys are looking for PS3 copies im sure you can just head to walmart and trade out the Xbox 360 for a Ps3 one, Im hoping to do that.
PSN: alexsportsguy (lame but whatever)

Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex96
If you guys are looking for PS3 copies im sure you can just head to walmart and trade out the Xbox 360 for a Ps3 one, Im hoping to do that.

Yep no receipt needed to exchange at Walmart. I've taken scratched games back and had them exchanged without a receipt. Walmart will take back anything.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftygroove
Microcenter is awesome; I'm all over this...

but the first thing I thought of when I saw this was the guy who had the post about looking for Madden for half off and how he got raked over the coals for it...

OS Forum (to EA): [shocked] You're a crook... [furiously] You're a cheat and a swindler...! That's what you are! How can you do a thing like this?! Build up a little boy's hopes, and then smash all his dreams to pieces?! [lividly] You're an inhuman monster...!

EA: The game cost $60! I said "GOOD DAY"!! [goes on about their work]

OS Forum: Come on, lilbently, let's get out of here. I'll get even with them if it's the last thing I ever do. If 2K sports wants the NFL license they'll get it!

lilbently: [takes out the Microcenter receipt confirming his $5 deposit]

EA: "So shines a good deed in a weary world." [looks up] Lilbently? My boy. You've won! You did it! You did it! I knew you would! I just knew you would! Oh, lilbently, forgive me for putting you through this. Please, forgive me. Come in, Greg Thomas! [The man who produced NFL 2K5 walks in.]...
I seriously doubt that EA is getting shafted by us buying the game at Micro Center. They either have a deal with EA like Sports Illustrated or Micro Center is selling Madden 10 as a loss leader to drive traffic to their stores.

They're only offering the 34.99 for pre-orders this weekend so you have to put your 5 bucks down by close of business Sunday to get your Madden 10 for 34.99.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #30
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Good deal. But have I don't have a store like that one near me. So I am stuck with paying 60 bucks I guess.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #31
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Good deal. But have I don't have a store like that one near me. So I am stuck with paying 60 bucks I guess.
Mine is 5 minutes away, but forget trying to call them in the Paterson store. You hit the button prompts and either you get disconnected or you talk to another guy looking to get in on the deal. Did I speak to any of you OS'ers? I spoke to 4-5 different guys calling in like me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #32
Rookie

Leftygroove's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
I seriously doubt that EA is getting shafted by us buying the game at Micro Center. They either have a deal with EA like Sports Illustrated or Micro Center is selling Madden 10 as a loss leader to drive traffic to their stores.

They're only offering the 34.99 for pre-orders this weekend so you have to put your 5 bucks down by close of business Sunday to get your Madden 10 for 34.99.
Definitely; and that wasn't the intent of the post. This is the most popular (is it still?) video game being sold today, so selling it at cost in order to get people to their store is a great idea (and Microcenter gets 2 visits, so bully for them).

If anything, EA makes more money b/c a cheap game will drive demand through the roof and they sell more to their distributors. It's just that lilbently came on here and asked if he could get it half off and the poor guy got hammered (I thought it was a foolish question myself). Turns out, he was ahead of the curve; do we have a secret marketing genius on our hands????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »