Home

replay (360)

This is a discussion on replay (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #17
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: replay (360)

i wasn't denying the fact that the replays cut off as soon as a player is across the goalline, but as i already posted, ian said it's a weird bug that they're working on. it's not a situation where they said "let's screw the 360 owners out of replays"
Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

WTF? There went my decision to buy this for the 360. Replays are huge.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #19
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

you still see them, they just end as soon as the TD registers. for instance, I lobbed to Tony Gonzales in the endzone and as he caught it he got hit but broke the tackle. when they showed the replay at halftime it showed the whole play but it ended a second or two after the ball was in his hands.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #20
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Remember the year they overlooked fatigue... this year it's replays... Where is the Quality control, these are not minor details...
Old 08-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #21
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

if something like shortened replays totally ruins the fun of a game for you then i worry for you. sure it sucks a little, but they've said they're working on it, and there's way more to this game than just seeing the replays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
if something like shortened replays totally ruins the fun of a game for you then i worry for you. sure it sucks a little, but they've said they're working on it, and there's way more to this game than just seeing the replays.
I disagree, I watch replays after almost every single play to see what happened & to learn everything inside out. From what it seems like for now is that the Xbox version is having problems & may or may not be fixed.

The Ps3 version works fine, so that's a major issue I had but the more I play the game it's the animations & physics that kill it for me.

Not to say that 2K football is perfect, but imo I like the animations & physics better as t feels more natural + responsive. I have been dying to buy a current NFL game as it is my favorite sport, I would be lying to you if I said that I liked Madden 10 as judging from this demo I really don't.

But still I like technology and innovation & since the 2K devs abandoned us what else am I supposed to do......
If I were to ask for 1 thing it would be to fix the running animations & please the physics.
I returned a kickoff and in the replay the kick returner when cutting left and right was so comical I just had to shake my head.

No foot planting, proper physics & so many other things that just look so unnatural. Madden 10 looks good till you hike the ball, this game does not make me feel like wow this is amazing I need to buy it.......

I don't know if it's just video games in general but I can't remember the last game that really shocked me as far as gameplay & innovation....
Old 08-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty Ratzlaff
Who cares about replays lol
I do, because that's when you can really see things like jersey textures, toe drags, strips, etc. And you can appreciate huge hits, one handed catches, etc. with replays.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

ya and i think people have a right to complain because this was always a feature in past maddens... its stupid that all the sudden it doesnt work... how can they not have instant replay??? i mean come on....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »