Home

IGN Madden 10 review

This is a discussion on IGN Madden 10 review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: IGN Madden 10 review

I started out saying Ian has a challenge for next year but then I realized how I may never go on IGN again. They gave Madden 09 an 8.8 and this years game an 8.9. Who works for this company? Pretty amazing! Are you seriously saying this years game is .1 better than last years game? This years game single handedly repeaked my interest in Madden football and gave hope for the future. Wow...just wow. I'm writing this just as a reaction to the score alone, I haven't read the review yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
reviews aint nothing but another persons opinion. I have the game and im luving it. The gameplay is as fun as ever. I like the presentation and the animations. I can see myself playing multi seasons...something i couldn't say lastt year.
I disagree - it affects how people buy games. I can't believe I'm supporting the Madden team for once but Ian alone deserves more than .1 of a score better than last years version.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Teamxbox.com (IGN owned) gave NCAA10 a 9.3 dude.

Link

IGN gave NCAA an 8.3...DUDE!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 7

the best review no one can argue with....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP-UGNq4aIY
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills
I started out saying Ian has a challenge for next year but then I realized how I may never go on IGN again. They gave Madden 09 an 8.8 and this years game an 8.9. Who works for this company? Pretty amazing! Are you seriously saying this years game is .1 better than last years game? This years game single handedly repeaked my interest in Madden football and gave hope for the future. Wow...just wow. I'm writing this just as a reaction to the score alone, I haven't read the review yet.
Geezz..they don't base this years review score on last years score! If they did stuff like that many games would have to be rated at 12 or 15 by now- based upon the game improving each year (like EA's NHL or FIFA games).

The game commentary and other voice acting really dragged the overall score down. Madden needs to consult with EA Canada (who do NHL and FIFA) to learn how they do such a great job with commentary and play by play. They also need to get commentary that brings some real excitement into the game. Dan Dierdorf would bring some good voice inflections to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #46
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Don't really get how he said players still go out of bounds as much as they did in 09. I've played the demo a lot and I've only seen maybe 5-6 times in which players went out of bounds with room to move (mainly due to them moving fast when running their routes). But yeah... they definitely don't go out of bounds like they did in 09... (unless the full game is worse than the demo in this area, which I highly doubt).
I really hope so. I didn't really notice it as a problem in the demo either. Besides the ROBO QB, the AI running out of bounds really sucked in '09
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
the best review no one can argue with....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP-UGNq4aIY
"Madden is dead." LOL

On the contrary-it's finally alive...on this gen!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
Geezz..they don't base this years review score on last years score! If they did stuff like that many games would have to be rated at 12 or 15 by now- based upon the game improving each year (like EA's NHL or FIFA games).

The game commentary and other voice acting really dragged the overall score down. Madden needs to consult with EA Canada (who do NHL and FIFA) to learn how they do such a great job with commentary and play by play. They also need to get commentary that brings some real excitement into the game. Dan Dierdorf would bring some good voice inflections to the game.
I hear what your saying and I want this game to improve but basically my point is that Ian Cummings is addressing concerns/wishes by the fans and actually putting it in this years game - that's never happened before. I guess my gripe should be that last years game did not deserve an 8.8. I think 8.9 is fair especially considering they didn't fix the angles for superstar and co-op. I guess I expected a higher score from IGN but I'm happy it's not really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »