Home

IGN Madden 10 review

This is a discussion on IGN Madden 10 review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #65
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: IGN Madden 10 review

I can tell you this, Having first started with tudor games electric football and spending hours setting them plastic men with the nfl painted uniforms up after every play.
Madden 10, Looks like a good game, I will buy it and hopefully play it a little while.
IMO, Ea is heading in the right direction, and the fact that the developers are reading the comments on OS sports means that they are interested in putting out a good game.
So lets see friday when we have spent a couple of hours playing this game.
because it does beat setting up those plastic football players and watching them run in circles.
Remember there was no passing game, you have to stop the electicity, place the foam ball into the quarterback are and throw it in the direction that the player you wanted to receive and if it touch his base it is considered a catch.
There was no stadiums, but a cardboard cutout of a grandstand (bush stadium) with a manuel scoreboard.
I guess what I am saying, I enjoyed playing that game because it was all that we had and knew about.
Madden is so far ahead of what I started with, it is not perfect but is has good points.
2k was a great competitor, but now they are gone. 2k8 all pro has good and bad issues. I brought a copy and played it, I would buy it if they had NFL Licences, but they do not. So madden is King but then there is no contest if there is no opponent.

I like madden, and hope they will continue to improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #66
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I can tell you this, Having first started with tudor games electric football and spending hours setting them plastic men with the nfl painted uniforms up after every play.
So you some how missed last gen? Because last gen, both 2k AND Madden were bringing the wood. Just take a look at the reviews for 2k5 and Madden 05. Last gen set the bar. This gen has been nothing but crap in comparison and that includes this year. Yes, Madden 10 is the best of the current gen titles (06/07/08/09) but it's got nothing on Madden 05 or 2k5. I wont be satisfied until that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
2k was a great competitor, but now they are gone. 2k8 all pro has good and bad issues. I brought a copy and played it, I would buy it if they had NFL Licences, but they do not.
So let me get this straight. You like a "league" more then you like the sport in which the "league" plays?

I'm a fan of football..not leagues. The NFL just happens to be the best league on earth, with the best players. But in video games, you're in your own reality. The players on the field are as good as you want them to be. So the "NFL" doesn't even matter. What matters most in a video game is the...wait for it...gameplay.

APF's engine still pawns current gen Madden's engine. The animations and physics do too. So to me, that game>this game. If the NFL license is going to be slapped onto an inferior product, then I'll pass and play the better..."football" game.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Someone hasn't been reading Bill Abner's blog...

There has been a lot of improvements to franchise mode.
Oh yea, your right sorry forgot.

The draft is improved by simply adding a gem or two into the later rounds and people finally progress like they were suppose to years ago..

Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #68
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
Oh yea, your right sorry forgot.

The draft is improved by simply adding a gem or two into the later rounds and people finally progress like they were suppose to years ago..

You said that there wasn't any improvement and that's an improvement...
Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
You said that there wasn't any improvement and that's an improvement...
I said that there's a lack of. improvement, greater than no improvement at all but still small improvement.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm very greatful of the game. I can't wait to play it, I'm sure it's going to be make me put away my NCAA for a while.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #70
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
I said that there's a lack of. improvement, greater than no improvement at all but still small improvement.
What were you looking for then?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #71
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
So you some how missed last gen? Because last gen, both 2k AND Madden were bringing the wood. Just take a look at the reviews for 2k5 and Madden 05. Last gen set the bar. This gen has been nothing but crap in comparison and that includes this year. Yes, Madden 10 is the best of the current gen titles (06/07/08/09) but it's got nothing on Madden 05 or 2k5. I wont be satisfied until that happens.

So let me get this straight. You like a "league" more then you like the sport in which the "league" plays?

I'm a fan of football..not leagues. The NFL just happens to be the best league on earth, with the best players. But in video games, you're in your own reality. The players on the field are as good as you want them to be. So the "NFL" doesn't even matter. What matters most in a video game is the...wait for it...gameplay.

APF's engine still pawns current gen Madden's engine. The animations and physics do too. So to me, that game>this game. If the NFL license is going to be slapped onto an inferior product, then I'll pass and play the better..."football" game.
No what I am saying, is that I have played all of the game pertaining to pro football from electric football to tabletop games, to genesis, to playstation 1,2 and now 3
I am just making a point about how the video games have evolved from each system.
Madden included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills
I don't expect the following year to score a higher score if there were minimal improvements. Yeah I think the sound sucks but everything has sucked with this game on next gen until this year imo. I think the score is close to accurate but I would have given it a 9.0 with a big disclaimer that I expect Ian Cummings and company will deliver with the goods next year. I do think this game is light years ahead of Madden 05 which got a 9.5.
Well 5 years is light years for video games. So if this game was produced in 04, when m05 came out, then you'd have a point.

I think this was a very fair, very honest review. He must not have spent much time in offline franchise because all of us that have been following blogs (by Ian and others including Bill Abner and Steve_OS), we know that there are vast improvements to franchise mode; namely progression, drafting, trade logic and scouting... that's all i need. I can't wait. This week is gonna suck.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »