Home

So who pre ordered or pre paid for Madden and bought the early release?

This is a discussion on So who pre ordered or pre paid for Madden and bought the early release? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: So who pre ordered or pre paid for Madden and bought the early release?

I find it highly ironic that some people on this forum are alright with getting the game early from these stores but get on your case when you challenge why major chains don't release it early. Either you think no store should release it early or all stores should release it early.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I preordered/reserved it with Gamestop, but if for some reason I find a copy early, I will happily eat that 5 buck deposit.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusrex1979
I find it highly ironic that some people on this forum are alright with getting the game early from these stores but get on your case when you challenge why major chains don't release it early. Either you think no store should release it early or all stores should release it early.
Because major stores have binding contracts with EA when it comes to street dates (for what reason exactly? I can't tell you that.) But EA would have to go out to each individual independently owned store and have the owner/owners sign a contract that prevents them from releasing a game before the street date. Some say the street dates are to keep an even playing field so all of the major chains release the game at the same time and have equal opportunities for sales...i dunno.

It's much easier to have a contract with a corporation that has thousands of branches as opposed to millions of individual stores, yes?

Maybe people "get on your case" because what you're challenging doesn't really make sense. First you have to challenge "why did [insert major chain here] enter into that contract with EA preventing them from selling the game before it's street date" and then you're cooking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Actually, my point is that some of you try to come off as high and mighty about the release date but you have no problem buying it early from a smaller chain. Why shouldn't the smaller chain be held liable for adhering to the street date too?

Consistency is all I'm asking for. I think if you truly feel the game shouldn't be released early, don't go out and buy it early.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Actually, my point is that some of you try to come off as high and mighty about the release date but you have no problem buying it early from a smaller chain. Why shouldn't the smaller chain be held liable for adhering to the street date too?

Consistency is all I'm asking for. I think if you truly feel the game shouldn't be released early, don't go out and buy it early.
I don't recall anyone saying that the game shouldn't be released early. Hell, I'm sure everyone here would be happy as hell if the game were released today. But the fact of the matter is that NO STORE is actually allowed to break street date. NONE! But mom and pop shops choose to do so, at least some of them. I have 2 mom and pop stores around my area but they will not break the street date.

And people aren't coming off high and mighty about the release date, people are trying to explain to you why big chain stores(Best Buy) will not release the game early even though they have it in stock.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Because larger chains have a binding contract with video game publishers and smaller stores don't....I honestly don't care about the street date...if I can get the game early then I do.

Smaller retailers can't be held liable because they aren't under contract with anyone but their distributors, so there's no penalty for selling the game early. Best Buy's HQ can enter into a contract with EA that's binding and all of the Best Buy branches have to abide by it. Unless EA sends a rep out to each and every one of these smaller retailers they won't be held liable for anything...

It's not about what we feel, it's about the contract between the corporations. And the lack thereof between EA and all of those "mom and pop" shops.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

I pre ordered it...found a copy yesterday and bout it. Im just glad I didnt put more money down on my pre order like I had planned too lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »