Home

LOL, T.Jack is fail

This is a discussion on LOL, T.Jack is fail within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #41
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: LOL, T.Jack is fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhead262
That's an insult to Randall
Yep thats a huge insult to Randall. Now dont get me wrong im a fan of T-Jack and i wish the best for him, but he is nowhere near the level that Randall was. The two arent even really comparable imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

It has improved. That is what he did this offseason. I heard there hasn't been one pass at the feet of anyone this training camp. It is sad that after 11 seasons you finally work on your touch in the West Coast offense, but he got ripped pretty good after the NFC Championship game last year because of it. He had so many touchdown passes, that were not because he threw behind players because he just rockets it.

I like McNabb a lot though, and so does pretty much everyone here. I am sick of people saying we are trying to run him out and we aren't.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
thats BS t jack is not that bad, if you look at his stats, they are in the same boat as brees, manning, and bunch of other qbs in their first 20 games in the NFL. he just hasnt had a legit chance, the second he fs up, he gets yanked, they didnt yank brees, manning, romo,etc like that in their first couple of yrs???? and he had 9 tds and 2 ints last year!!!! hes not that bad

mark my word

if the vikes give him a LEGIT chance, he'll prove hes a starting qb
No he is not THAT bad...I played someone online that used the Vikings and I kinda felt bad for him because dude was set in the pocket and Jack was throwing scuds all over the place. If you get down with the Vikings online with the accel clock, you are done. And that is a very interesting point putting his numbers versus the QB coverboys when they were young. If the coach just tells the team that Jack is our guy and this is who we are going with this year, I think that will give him the confidence he needs to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
Total Failure

Dude.......dude......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhead262
Seriously how can you stick up for Jackson?

He lost you the playoff game, he is horrible.

There is a reason HIS OWN TEAMMATES!!!! were texting Bret Farve asking him to come to the Vikings, because they needed him to win.

To say he started off like McNabb (which I broke down in the other thread) and Manning and others is so wrong. McNabbs first full season he took them to the NFC Championship game, where they were sever underdogs and almost won.
Like Jared Allen said...it's not an insult to Jack at all. If you have a chance to get a hall of famer that can still perform, you go and get him. Point blank. That league is all about people coming in and taking other people's spot so that's the business. And people only tend to remember the last half of the Jets season when Brett got hurt. They don't remember the first half when he was doing a bang up job before the injury. That's like you as an Eagles fan saying you wouldn't take Brady/Manning over McNabb if they were available. Is McNabb your QB? Yes. Is Brady/Manning an upgrade? YES!!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #44
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
He isn't, and probably will never be, a great QB, but he isn't that bad at all. He's only played 3 years... 7 QBs had more pass attempts last year alone than Jackson has had in his career. Much like Jamarcus Russell, it is way too early to judge this guy. Most QBs struggle early, but people only look at the 4 or 5 QBs recently who have come in and been successful immediately.

Also, he never has been 'the guy' and once his coaching staff shows a little faith in the kid, maybe he will become a solid starter for them.

When he came back and played the last 4 games of last season, he was actually great. Here are his numbers in those last 4 games: 57/89 (64%) for 740 yards (8.3 YPA) with 8 TDs and only 1 INT with a 115 passer rating. He also had a game in that span with 8 rushes for 82 yards.

He did get sacked 9 times and fumble 4 times (lost 2), but this thread is on how bad of a passer he is, and in the last few games of the season last year, he showed that he has potential.

Also, he was absolutely terrible in the playoffs against the Eagles, but come on, that D was outstanding.
I'm a Lions fan so this doesn't feel right, but I have to agree with you. I don't see how people can deny the fact that (as another poster stated) Jacksons stats are on par with Brees, Manning etc... over 20 games. I mean this guy has played the equivalent of 1 1/4 seasons and people are already saying the he is terrible and will never amount to anything. People used to say the same thing about Eli Manning and then he broke through (because his coaches actually decided to STICK with him for the long haul) and eventually won a Super Bowl....give the man at least another 1 3/4 more seasons (bring his grand total to 3 full seasons played, the "supposed" measuring stick for QBs) before you call him a bust.

That's one of the things that I hate about the NFL mentality, it's such a freakin' impatient meat market, and it sickens me. The franchise QB that you drafted last year suddenly has all of these holes because a NEW guy is available this year who is so much better than the guy you drafted last year (that has all of these supposed great tools, that your franchise QB the previous year was supposed to have). It goes on and on every year and I hate it, nobody wants to be patient anymore, it's perform great now or your a bust. If I remember correctly guys like Steve Young didn't exactly come out the gate like Peyton Manning, but he turned out to be OK (tounge-in-cheek). Roddy White was looking like a bust over his first 32 games, but look at him now. Sometimes you just have to be *gasp* PATIENT and give guys enough time to *gasp* DEVELOP, instead of tanking on someone who isn't a HOF player after 20 games.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 08-09-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #45
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Art Shell Face
I'm a Vikings apologist, and I'll even admit, Jackson is horrible.

Stats don't tell the whole story. The fact that he's still making the same mistakes he did in his rookie year is not a good sign, and that's the thing that doesn't show up in the box score.

For example, his tendency to rush his throws and throw off balance when blitzed. He did it his rookie year, and he still does it in his 3rd year. That simply shows up as an incompletion, when in reality, it's a signal that he hasn't made the progress that this team (and fans like myself) were hoping to see.
Thats any QB in the league. See Tom Brady in his last Superbowl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #46
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
This really makes me mad. Sure he's not the greatest but he's not nearly this bad...
really?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 8

I do not believe Jackson will be the starter. All the Vikings need is a QB that make little mistakes. All RosenFelt( I spelled his name wrong LOL) needs to do is make his passes went the defense stack the line on Peterson. Last year they took a beat up QB and made the Playoffs because of few matake he made.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #48
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Come on fellas! I get sick of everyone talking about T. Jackson like he is in is fifth year or something. Dude hasn't even played a full season yet and people talk about him like he's a veteran! Come on!

He hasnt played well up to this point, sure but for the love of god! Give him a chance! He may not ever be good enough, but thats up to the men who drafted him, B. Childress and the rest of the coaching staff, not just T. Jackson. They better get to work and coach him up because his upside is 10 fold over a career backups (S. Rosenfels and G. Ferote)! Quit throwing the youngster under the bus and coach!

Sucks for Vikings fans that he is that bad on Madden, I feel you guys though, have a feeling Orton wont be much better! Hopefully T. Jack will have come out of the gate firing and it will reflect on the first roster update.

Last edited by db56; 08-09-2009 at 11:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »