Home

How does "MY SKILL" settings works?

This is a discussion on How does "MY SKILL" settings works? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
How does "MY SKILL" settings works?

Hi,

I don`t want to do the Madden test because they doesn`t work as good as i hope "IN GAME".

Last year when you played a game, after the game the IQ were adjusted to the outcome of the game.

This year i already played 3 games, and there was NO adjustment into the IQ (still remains at 500).

Any idea how this year works? do i have to do the Madden test so this can adjust after the game automatically?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: How does "MY SKILL" settings works?

well I dont have the game but based on the impressions thread, the My Skill difficulty works very well this year, much better then last year.

They say NOT TO DO THE MADDEN TEST. Instead, switch the option to My SKill and start playing play now games and let it adjust it off that. Hope this helps
Old 08-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hi,

I don`t want to do the Madden test because they doesn`t work as good as i hope "IN GAME".

Last year when you played a game, after the game the IQ were adjusted to the outcome of the game.

This year i already played 3 games, and there was NO adjustment into the IQ (still remains at 500).

Any idea how this year works? do i have to do the Madden test so this can adjust after the game automatically?

thanks
Are you sure you had "My Skill" selected and not Custom?

I tried this in the Gamestop demo, and the sliders adjusted after each game I played. I don't have retail yet, but I think TJDaEarlyMaddenGuy has tried it and says it works.

Also, yes, IMO skipping the Madden test is the only way to use "My Skill". The test just doesn't translate over to actual gameplay, especially the running game. It's easy to be really good at the running test, but still be awful in-game.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Are you sure you had "My Skill" selected and not Custom?

I tried this in the Gamestop demo, and the sliders adjusted after each game I played. I don't have retail yet, but I think TJDaEarlyMaddenGuy has tried it and says it works.

Also, yes, IMO skipping the Madden test is the only way to use "My Skill". The test just doesn't translate over to actual gameplay, especially the running game. It's easy to be really good at the running test, but still be awful in-game.
yeap it says My Skill and everthing else is gray.

But after ending games i don`t see any difference on the settings. Actually my IQ remains at 500 were i started.

I tried playing 15 acc clock and 12 acc clock
i end up 3 games already and quit 2 at HF

never saw any adjustment.

Most games were really even but last year even after a few plays i saw the Sliders adjust.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I took the Madden Test early yesterday and from all the games I have played "My Skill" has adjusted a +80 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNVA
I took the Madden Test early yesterday and from all the games I have played "My Skill" has adjusted a +80 points.
I didn`t take the Madden test. Maybe i should have to do it.

I didn`t want it to do because Madden test doesn`t translate very well to in game. SO i setup as My Skill and started playing games hoping it will adjust by my game performances instead.

I guess My SKILL doesn`t work properly if you don`t take the test first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »