Home

Potential ratings for this year's 1st round picks?

This is a discussion on Potential ratings for this year's 1st round picks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Potential ratings for this year's 1st round picks?

does anybody have a list of their potential rating?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Potential ratings for this year's 1st round picks?

Percy Harvin is an A, I asked a similar question in the impressions thread.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Isn't that the whole point of scouting?? The entire reason of scouting is to find out little by little all their information leading up to what their potential rating would be.

So what would be the point of finding out the potential ratings early? Kinda kills the scouting part of the game dont you think?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

percy is an A "A"wesome haha
Old 08-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Isn't that the whole point of scouting?? The entire reason of scouting is to find out little by little all their information leading up to what their potential rating would be.

So what would be the point of finding out the potential ratings early? Kinda kills the scouting part of the game dont you think?
I'm pretty sure that your team's potential ratings are unlocked immediately. Scouting is just for rookies, from what I understand (which is not much, seeing as to how I don't have the game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71

No. Players are lined up by potential, but that doesn't mean they automatically have high potential or attributes. When you scout you unlock information like "run block of 87", or "AWR of 67". The longer you scout a player the more stuff you unlock. I haven't seen any potential ratings unlocked. I've seen booms and busts....works well.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
No. Players are lined up by potential, but that doesn't mean they automatically have high potential or attributes. When you scout you unlock information like "run block of 87", or "AWR of 67". The longer you scout a player the more stuff you unlock. I haven't seen any potential ratings unlocked. I've seen booms and busts....works well.
So you already have the game? Just curious because from what Josh Looman was saying, the scouting is done somewhat similar to NFL Head Coach 09 in the way that during the scouting process a little bit of information is unlocked when you visit schools, the combine, etc etc. Could have sworn Looman said that but may be inaccurate.

And I also realize that there will be some gems and some busts meaning that a rookie's rating might be high in OVR terms, but when you unlock their potential (if you thoroughly scouted them) it shows them being much lower in potential rating than anticipated.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

does anybody have the Giants rookies potential?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »