Home

ncaa import draft rating too low?

This is a discussion on ncaa import draft rating too low? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: ncaa import draft rating too low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPED413
OK SIR DID THIS IN ALL MADDENS WEN YOU IPMORT THE DRAFT CLASS THEY HAVE DIFFERENT RATINGS TRY IMPORTIN DA SAME DRAFT CLASS TWO SEASONS IN A ROW I BET U THAT TIM TEBOW WONT BE A 72 HE WILL BE SOMETHING ELSE
Well i guess that confirms the randomness
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 08-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #10
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
the overall ratings are ok.. its the attribute ratings that bug me. guy like CJ spiller dropping 10+ points in speed to a 83?

Since when do guys get slower just because they go to the NFL.
Another thing they did right in 02-03. I understand that Madden stretched the ratings out, but this guy has elite speed. They really need to address this. Its almost unplayable to have CJ Spiller with 83 speed. Thats his game. Please address this.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
the overall ratings are ok.. its the attribute ratings that bug me. guy like CJ spiller dropping 10+ points in speed to a 83?

Since when do guys get slower just because they go to the NFL.
Wow that kinda sucks, yeah he shouldnt drop that much just because he went to the NFL. I mean an 83 thats in the range of power backs, and Spiller is not that by any stretch of the imagination. I couldnt see Spiller being effective at all at an 83 speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25

Unplayable?? Because you don't like one guys speed rating? Dude you got issues, draft someone else! That's why they have scouting, and yes the ratings and ages change if you load the same class 2 seasons in a row.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #13
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Would much rather have top players be in their 70's then in their 90's! At least this means it will take star rookies around 3 years (assuming they gain 5 points per off-season) to be stars, which is actually pretty realistic.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

I thought one of the benefits of having the extra ratings in the game was that the team wouldn't have to do last-gen stuff like dock a lot of speed points away. They have a plethora of ratings to jack down if the game decided CJ Spiller was not going to be a good player.......... stiff arm, truck, route running, even juke move a little bit. Tons of non-athletic ratings you can jack down at pretty much every position.

One or three speed point drop is not that bad (especially with the new scale for Madden), but for the most part a player should keep his general identity when going from college to pro (speed backs in college being speed backs in NFL, scramblers in college being mobile in the NFL, etc.) Several ratings that are in the overall rating they could have messed with, no reason to knock down speed that much in next-gen.

I'm a little disappointed here.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

when Spiller is drafted do you all think hell have elite NFL speed?maybe the drop in speed reflects how much faster the pro game is than college.I prfer lower rated rookies than too many 90+ rookies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Why do people get so fed up over this? Go back over any draft and look through the first 20 picks and I guarantee you'll find 5 busts each time.

Also, for the 376th time, Tim Tebow is not going in the top 10, or the top 20, or the first round.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »