Home

ncaa import draft rating too low?

This is a discussion on ncaa import draft rating too low? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ncaa import draft rating too low?

the reason spiller has 83 speed is because madden wants him to be a bust. how does the game do this? by taking away speed which is one of the most important ratings in madden and is very important to a running back unless he has power like a brandon jacobs in madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #42
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aso21oak
the reason spiller has 83 speed is because madden wants him to be a bust. how does the game do this? by taking away speed which is one of the most important ratings in madden and is very important to a running back unless he has power like a brandon jacobs in madden.
Make him be a bust by lowering his break tackle rating to a ridiculous level. Lower his carrying so he constantly fumbles the ball. There are other much more reasonable ways to cause a guy to be a bust.

I see your point but even if he has a high speed rating, it doesn't mean he can't still be a bust. There are other ways.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:18 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the main thing that's wack is SPEED... Players don't get slower just because they are moving to the NFL.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeisamazing
Why do people get so fed up over this? Go back over any draft and look through the first 20 picks and I guarantee you'll find 5 busts each time.

Also, for the 376th time, Tim Tebow is not going in the top 10, or the top 20, or the first round.
he won't? you know the results of the draft of next year already? who do the skins get? also- what are the lotto numbers for next week?

people get fed up because speed is speed. if a dude's fast, he's going to be fast anywhere. he may be awful once he hits the nfl. who knows? the point is he is fast. since speed is not a progressing attribute, it's important that a players speed is correct from the start.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
Make him be a bust by lowering his break tackle rating to a ridiculous level. Lower his carrying so he constantly fumbles the ball. There are other much more reasonable ways to cause a guy to be a bust.

I see your point but even if he has a high speed rating, it doesn't mean he can't still be a bust. There are other ways.
im just saying this is how drafting has been for years EA needs to find new ways to make players a bust. like they say you can't teach speed but you can touch ball carrier vision, carrying, elusiveness, but don't take god given things away like speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hopefully they can fix this with a patch even though its should have been fixed already. Most of the attributes should be lowered but certain attributes for certain positions should not be lowered. At least not that much. The importan one should go down at least 1-5 points.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #47
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aso21oak
im just saying this is how drafting has been for years EA needs to find new ways to make players a bust. like they say you can't teach speed but you can touch ball carrier vision, carrying, elusiveness, but don't take god given things away like speed.
That is exactly my point. I would say this about speed and agility. If a guy's legs seem to be made out of rubber, he isn't going to come to the NFL and lose his agility, acceleration, speed, and more than likely won't lose his strength. I would say the same thing for a QB. If a guy has a cannon for an arm, he isn't going to get to the pros and no longer have a strong arm. He might not be as accurate in the NFL but he will maintain his arm strength barring a serious shoulder injury.

I like your idea. There are tons of things they could lower. Speed should not be one of them. This stuff just makes me wonder if the EA team even thinks when they do some of these things. In a two minute discussion, you can come to the conclusion that speed should not effect overall rating as much of it does and speed should be constant. Unless a guy is injured, he isn't going to go from being one of the fastest players in college football to one of the slowest pro RBs.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:21 AM   #48
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

OVR: 26

Ok so how is a 83 speed bad? its really not that bad an its 10x better then last year when Tim Tebow comes out as a 97 ovr rookie so stop complaing! its also the progression mode to you have to develop the player he can't just come in a be like a 85 + ovr!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »