Home

Madden on Newegg

This is a discussion on Madden on Newegg within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden on Newegg

ea definitely needs to do something about this issue, the fact that they are getting money of the sales of their games already is a complete travesty!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
GS is by the book and will never release the game before it's date.
Gamestop has never been by the book. This is the same company that takes used games, repackages them and sells them as new.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
oh man. i just checked this thread and found out that i'm stupid for paying for rush shipping. damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Whoa new egg is shipping?

I live in PA, if I get UPS ground it comes next day.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
People are stupid sometimes. Why pay $82.78 for a game that's coming out on Friday? You're basically paying $20 to play one week. EA is very wrong for what they're doing. They need to stop these early sales. They're screwing over gamestop. GS is by the book and will never release the game before it's date. The gamestop by my house had over 50% of their pre orders canceled in the past week. These mom and pop shops are selling early and screwing business. Maybe I should call myself a business and get early games to sell on Ebay for overnight delivery.
Dont hate, just because your parents wont give you an extra 20 bucks little man. j/k

I ordered on newegg and purchased overnight shipping. all in all it was 81 bucks. Now my logic is this: i will get the game early, which is always a plus. To add to that, my nearest gamestop or walmart is an hour away. Therefore i would have to pay for gas to get there and back. To add even more, i dont wanna put those additional miles on my new H3 if i dont have to. So if you factor in all of that, am i still stupid? I think not.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #14
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Wait, because Newegg.com sells the game early, this is EA's fault? I might've missed something, but I believe EA isn't telling Newegg.com to start selling the game. Retailers are breaking the street date, and that's on them, not EA. For a mom/pop shop that sells early, they can lose their ability to carry the game in the future.
No they won't. Those stores aren't bound by a street date. As soon as they can get them they are allowed to sell them.

The bigger chains like Wal-Mart, Target, and the Gamestop's of the world are the ones that are tied into a street date. That is in place so that no big company gets the leg up and releases it before the others. It would be unfair if Wal-Mart gets their shipment before Best Buy and starts selling it early just because of location and shipping issues.

It amazes me that after all these years that people don't understand how business works or why things are in place, let alone the mis-information that flies around as fact in the world. (That is not directed at anyone in particular, just wanted to say that)

Lastly, EA has little to nothing to do with any of this. All major media releases work this way more or less and are bound to the same laws and contracts. I'm talking movies, music and games as well as phones, tv's and sound systems etc. If you live near a ma and pa store consider yourself lucky. The big chains have done a number on them over the years and not many are left. Buying from them is a win win situation, you help the little guy and you also get the product before the release date usually.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Theres a gamestop 2 mins from where I live. I can save 20 something bucks by waiting a few days. 60 bucks > 80 bucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
No they won't. Those stores aren't bound by a street date. As soon as they can get them they are allowed to sell them.

The bigger chains like Wal-Mart, Target, and the Gamestop's of the world are the ones that are tied into a street date. That is in place so that no big company gets the leg up and releases it before the others. It would be unfair if Wal-Mart gets their shipment before Best Buy and starts selling it early just because of location and shipping issues.

It amazes me that after all these years that people don't understand how business works or why things are in place, let alone the mis-information that flies around as fact in the world. (That is not directed at anyone in particular, just wanted to say that)

Lastly, EA has little to nothing to do with any of this. All major media releases work this way more or less and are bound to the same laws and contracts. I'm talking movies, music and games as well as phones, tv's and sound systems etc. If you live near a ma and pa store consider yourself lucky. The big chains have done a number on them over the years and not many are left. Buying from them is a win win situation, you help the little guy and you also get the product before the release date usually.
So go further to explain how newegg.com would've received copies of Madden 10, and why EA can't simply stop shipping them copies.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »