Home

Features we must demand back in the game!

This is a discussion on Features we must demand back in the game! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Features we must demand back in the game!

a real playclock for online games.

I like presnap adjustments, time to substitute, and time to pick plays. The new EA crew and the accelerated clock supporters obviously never learned all the features the game has and the time it takes to do things.

When a team makes a sub in real life it takes a shorter time than on madden. Same goes with calling a hotroute, audible, putting someone in motion. A QB doesnt have to use botton combinations that take up time. Thats why accelerated clock is a bad idea.

Last edited by MAHAM; 08-12-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufootball
[b]
Wr shading and individual receiver bumping at the line of scrimmage

Defensive hot route option to make a defender play man coverage against a particular reciever,
-all these things were in last gen madden's we need the now on xbox360 and ps3. THese tools give the ability to really control your defense and make it your own.
-we also shouldn't have to press a hot route button before we actually hot route a defender. Time is of the essence when your setting up your defense before a play and inputting all these different things on your controller should be geared towards speed and efficiency.
I completely agree!! I was tryna see if you could do this in madden 10, but, at least in the demo, you can't. I was disappointed.

I really miss being able to shade receivers, and bump individual receivers and loosen up coverage for other receivers. It really put the D in dynamic

But for the second part, do you mean that you should be able to hot route one of your players without having to switch to them pre-snap? If so, I REALLY THINK MADDEN NEEDS THIS. I can't stress how difficult it is when trying to have other players do individual things before the offense snaps the ball. A lot of times it gets messed up and my players get out of position because I'm rushing.

I think that this is how defensive hot routes should operate.
Use the d-pad (on ps3 and its equivalent on the 360) to select individual players.

To hot route a defensive back, press triangle (or y for 360)
-Press up on the d-pad to hot route the free saftey, down to hot route the strong safety, left to hot route the lcb and right to hot route the rcb. Then use the right/left stick to make the hot route

To hot route a linebacker, press R1 and then press up for middle, down for second middle (3-4 defense) right and left for lolb and rolb (since it's reversed on the field).

Same thing with the DL. And for defenses such as 1-5-5 or w/e... I'm not sure.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #19
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

In game saves
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #20
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

Easy for me here, though do not have the game but expect these not to be in 10 though they existed in LAST GEN for Pete's sake:
1. Custom Playbooks-Let me pick my formations and plays not EA's version of the real teams
playbooks. Make them unavailable online but ok for play now and offline franchise.
2. Custom Plays-Loved making Goal Line Pick plays and custom routes. Once again just
make them unavailable online but ok for play now and offline franchise.
3. Formation Subs-No more package BS. I want my #1 receiver in the slot with a backup
running back in that is my f'ing prerogative.

Once again all these were Last Gen inexcusable they do not exist in Current Gen. I have yet to buy Current Gen and won't until these are in. Used to play 300+ games every year offline franchise and buy every year. Now I rent play for a month from Gamefly and go on to something else.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #21
Rookie

milehighmagic303's Arena

OVR: 4

These are two minor things but,
1.Helmets coming off after a big hit,this would make it seem like the hit had more impact than others
2.I think it was in Madden 07 for ps2 where you would push L1 then R1 or R1 and L1 and the ball carrier would fake to one side then go to the other instead of something like a double juke,more of a stutter step
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »