Home

Will the REAL REVIEWERS please stand up?!!!!

This is a discussion on Will the REAL REVIEWERS please stand up?!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #41
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Will the REAL REVIEWERS please stand up?!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Absolutely man. I'm all for that. ProTak does some nice things but again, I see more that can be added. I want to see defenders drive a ball carrier backwards, sideways, etc. I want to see a ProTak moment where defenders are tackling while one of them is trying to strip the ball. I'll appreciate ProTak 2.0 or whatever name they decide to use when there's more to it.
I see momentum Pro Tak hits all the time.... I was running with Pierre Thomas I bounced the ball to the outside where DB stood me up but I kept moving foward as the Safety enganged and steered me to the right and then OLB Peterson came in to finish it off and I fell backwards I was short of the 1st down by 1 yard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Wow what a douche thing to say. Nice personal attack.

Those that have the game early, IMO, would tend to have a favorable slant to Madden, as they went out of their way to find the game before the release date. 80-90% of OS loves the game? I don't think so. I would guess maybe 5% tops of OS even has the game.

As a paying EA customer for 20 years, I would like to think my opinion means something. I'm 90% sure I'm not getting the game on Friday. I don't feel it is enough of a change for me. My only key issues are run blocking and IR rules. Those don't seem to have changed enough IMO.

Way to be an internet douchebag.
I didn't do a personal attack, what YOU did is a personal attack, and dont lie by saying the game isnt out yet, cause it is.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #43
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Funny, since the game isn't even out yet.

Wow, the hype machine is in full effect. I remember going through this every season. We will see how lovey dovey OS is with Madden once it comes out.

If reviews are still solid after a month, I might buy it. Used.
Baed on that comment and the one in your sig, why do you bother coming to this site? Not being argumentative, just curious. Seems you don't like either game. It'd be like me
hanging out on GTA boards. BTW- get your guns up!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 12

Taking a cue from the development team at EA; the people rating the game have all stretched out their ratings of Madden in order to accommodate the true variation in game quality. So now, they have taken a closer look at the games, compared them to previous games and other title, and have thus wanted to create a difference between poor, average and great games. They felt that too many scores were just inflated.

LOL!!! I couldn't resist. Just kidding.

For real, I think they are maybe being more critical.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 24

^^^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #46
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Baed on that comment and the one in your sig, why do you bother coming to this site? Not being argumentative, just curious. Seems you don't like either game. It'd be like me
hanging out on GTA boards. BTW- get your guns up!
I love the NFL and college football.
I love video games.
Where else am I gonna go?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #47
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Guys this is a public forum and a lot of you are just going overboard because of someone else opinion on a game and video game at that.

Majority of you who have a problem with the reviews are just angry because it's a Madden game that is getting high marks and 2k football is officially gone. I just left my job from playing the game since 9am this morning. And for the OS kats who got it early, I see why you like it. A lot of elements of 2k5 football was put in this game and super sized. So the high ratings from websites are justified. I've seen so many elements in this game that just reek football and NFL. To come into a forum and ask what does Pro-Tak do for the game and all that crap. Is just your intentions to knock a feature you know nothing about!

If you followed the blogs and videos before release you'd know what it brings, your downplaying features in the game to try to find fault in the reviews. Pro-Tak is a addition it's not the whole damn game it's like 2% of what has been added and brings a new element of greatness. There is so much more in this game and Madden football feels new for the first time in years. There is so much in this game to satisfy Madden fans and 2k football fans. I think that Ian, Mike and the rest of the gang succeeded where no other developers have in the past. Give them credit where it's due and most reviews are doing just that. They've done a amazing job in less than 11 months. The guys deserve credit.

(note: To all posters in this thread and others, that always try to justify themselves by labeling you have been a loyal EA guy and all this stuff, while trying to knock the game! You are lying and your hating on the game. Stop trying to find faults in something you haven't played and have no intentions on playing past a rental. Your not a loyal, and you haven't played Madden over the last 20 years and all that. People stop lying to yourselves and others. It's time to grow up and get past all this fanboy crap. Enough is enough!)

Madden football is back! **** NFL Football video gaming is back. Let's have a great season!

Last edited by Behindshadows; 08-11-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #48
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Metacritic: Madden 10 http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...60/maddennfl10

No doubt, Madden 10 has made great strides this season, in nearly every category that truly matters. So, with so many improvements, how could this game possibly score worse than 09, or even the same?

Game reviewers are like anyone else, and can certainly change their mind once the honeymoon is over. So, after the travesty that was Madden 09, and years of jerk optimism, then disappointment, could reviewers have just now decided to be much more critical towards EA Tiburon? Because some of these scores seem completely baffling. So, are they really doing their job? Are they really being fair to the new development team? More importantly, are they being fair to us gamers?

Now, let's check out some of the questionable scores, so far, shall we?

1up: Madden 09 - 100
Madden 10 - 83

XboxAddict: Madden 09 - 93
Madden 10 - 92

Official Xbox Magazine: Madden 09 - 90
Madden 10 - 90

Gamezone: Madden 09 - 89
Madden 10 - 85

You make the call. Fair, or BS?
Using a reviewers score to me is BS. I have found myself many times liking a game that didnt score well, and disliking a game that scored very well (Madden 06,7,8, and 9 ).

What ever they score Madden 10 will not have any influence on me at all. I will rent it and find out for myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »