Home

I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every play

This is a discussion on I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
I understand it being an option you want but it isnt something broken in the game but if its a gamekiller for you I rexpect it but it doesnt equate something thats a bug or glitch that needs to be patched
It got patched last year.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I was under the impression that the CPU quarterbacks wouldn't quick snap every pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
If I turned accelerated clock off, it'd be just like last year. The CPU would snap the ball with 25 seconds left on the play clock every time. THAT'S NOT SIM.

lol

Ray, if you knew anything about football, you would know that the offense doesn't normally break the huddle until there are about 15-20 seconds left on the playclock. Hell, the playclock usually starts running before the players even get into the huddle.

So what are you saying, EA should just run a bunch of forced cutscenes to diwndle the playclock before you get into the playcall screen, and then not let you leave the playcall screen until there are under 20 seconds left?

Now THATS SIM!!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #35
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
If I turned accelerated clock off, it'd be just like last year. The CPU would snap the ball with 25 seconds left on the play clock every time. THAT'S NOT SIM.

lol
now you are just making stuff up last year post patched they snapped the ball way late in the play clock and there was not accel clock involved

the new variable involved this year is the accelerated clock and from playing the game I dont see it happeing all that quick anyway...

are you basing this off the demo or retail

Last edited by BigTigLSU; 08-11-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukes
Ray, if you knew anything about football, you would know that the offense doesn't normally break the huddle until there are about 15-20 seconds left on the playclock. Hell, the playclock usually starts running before the players even get into the huddle.

So what are you saying, EA should just run a bunch of forced cutscenes to diwndle the playclock before you get into the playcall screen, and then not let you leave the playcall screen until there are under 20 seconds left?

Now THATS SIM!!
Despite your pretentiousness and somewhat apparent inability to have a serious, civilized discussion, I'll respond maturely.

The game should have accelerated clock to make up for the fact that it doesn't take us as long as users to pick a play as it does for NFL teams in real life.

After everything is done, there should be anywhere from 12 to 18 seconds left on the play clock (after both sides have chosen their respective plays).

The CPU QB should probably end up behind center with about 8-11 seconds left on the clock, give or take. That would give him 3-5 seconds (while under center) to SCAN THE DEFENSE LIKE NFL QBS DO IN REAL LIFE, and THEN snap the ball.

I don't see what's wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
are you basing this off the demo or retail
Retail...

Last edited by RayAP19; 08-11-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #37
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I can understand the OP's sentiment, but I actually think it's fine. I always have enough time to hot route a specific player or two if I like.

I do think they snap a little fast on field goals though...you can barely select a player before the ball is snapped.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I can understand the OP's sentiment, but I actually think it's fine. I always have enough time to hot route a specific player or two if I like.

I do think they snap a little fast on field goals though...you can barely select a player before the ball is snapped.
yea i agree about the field goals.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

With 15 or even 20 second run off, I have time to make a quick adjustment. Now if you want to totally redesign the play you called then no you won't have time for that.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
With 15 or even 20 second run off, I have time to make a quick adjustment. Now if you want to totally redesign the play you called then no you won't have time for that.
Are people even readin the messages in this thread or what?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »