Home

Haynesworth feasting on my cap room - Need advice

This is a discussion on Haynesworth feasting on my cap room - Need advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Haynesworth feasting on my cap room - Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
My suggestion would be to wait until the end of the season and than just bite the bullet and get rid of several players and forget that FA even exists. You would be in better shape for the next season.
Yea man...even if Head Coach 09 I usually stayed far far away from FA and just built from the draft. I love scouting and the draft. It's one of my favorite aspects of the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #26
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Ahhh... THIS is what I love best about the NFL. The game within the game.

You have to make a decision here. You most likely cannot trade/cut Haynesworth without wrecking your cap for this year and the next.

Try packaging your picks in the 2010 draft. If you find a stud QB, go for it, Ricky Williams style. That way you only have to pay one rookie.

If you can get a gem in the 2nd round, that would be optimal. Trade your 1st in 2010 for picks in 2011. Shipping that pick away would give you some time to get your cap adjusted.

Albert won't be cuttable most likely for the first four years of his deal. That bonus is massive.
Took the words right outta my mouth
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 08-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 25

TRADE HIM...You would have NO PROBLEM finding a equal DT to fill the void he will leave. Waste of money to keep him on your roster.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
TRADE HIM...You would have NO PROBLEM finding a equal DT to fill the void he will leave. Waste of money to keep him on your roster.
Dude but i'll eat the guaranteed money that he gets which you can buy a mansion with.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #29
Rookie

TwoHeadedDog's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't know that it's all Haynesworth's fault. The Redskins have been overpaying FA's for years. It appears that they got it right this time. He's a keeper. You can't really put a price on dominating in the trenches.

I would look for the overpaid backup(s) (who rarely see the field) and have 1 year left on their contract or no signing bonus. These are the guys to trade.

Last edited by TwoHeadedDog; 08-11-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #30
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadedDog
I don't know that it's all Haynesworth's fault. The Redskins have been overpaying FA's for years. It appears that they got it right this time. He's a keeper. You can't really put a price on dominating in the trenches.

I would look for the overpaid backup(s) (who rarely see the field) and have 1 year left on their contract or no signing bonus. These are the guys to trade.
I agree with you, I would just look at my roster and see where I can make cuts, remember you have a first round pick the following year and you can trade it for lower round draft picks that will not take up alot of your salary cap.
With the Salary cap you sometime lose depth in certain areas of your team.
If you do not like Jason Campbell as your quarterback look into free agency or find out what jason campbell strengths are and taylor your offense to those. Feature portis, run a basic offense a grind them out offense with a tough defense.
Remember the 90 Giants, their offensive philosophy was to run out the clock, keep the ball and limit the number of snaps the opponent has. Don't put the game in Jason Campbells hands.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

I think trading in the next 2-3 years would be a bad idea. Like you said he is the most dominate guy in the trenches. people can not run through the middle against him.

Try looking at dealing Ladell Betts, Cut Griffin at the end the year or trade him. Randy Thomas, Samuels( I couldn't do that), or Rahbach could be be cut or traded at the end of the year. Smoot can be cut. There a lot of ways to free up space. BE creative. I know the Redskins are the best at doing that in real life.

PS; You are crazy if you think we over paid for haynesworth. Look at Stafford's rookie contract. That is what making all salaries go up. Atleast we have proven warrior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
I think trading in the next 2-3 years would be a bad idea. Like you said he is the most dominate guy in the trenches. people can not run through the middle against him.

Try looking at dealing Ladell Betts, Cut Griffin at the end the year or trade him. Randy Thomas, Samuels( I couldn't do that), or Rahbach could be be cut or traded at the end of the year. Smoot can be cut. There a lot of ways to free up space. BE creative. I know the Redskins are the best at doing that in real life.

PS; You are crazy if you think we over paid for haynesworth. Look at Stafford's rookie contract. That is what making all salaries go up. Atleast we have proven warrior.
What was Stafford's contract?

I still think that $100mil is too much for one player dude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »