Home

Tom Hammond sucks!!!

This is a discussion on Tom Hammond sucks!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #41
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Tom Hammond sucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
GUS JOHNSON!!!! could make brushing your teeth seem exciting.
"Brady, back to floss....he's flushed from the mouth...gets to the gum line....now out to the bicuspids...down to the eyeteeth....OH, AND HE BREAKS A MOLAR!"

Sorry, couldnt resist....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #42
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

i turned off commentary after the first game, it was just that bad. now it's much better for the games but i get when the cutscenes at the beginning and end of the game come up and i cant hear anything.

i'll probably turn it back on for the playoffs much to my chagrin.

this is the only lowpoint for madden 10 so far imo.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 31

I think we all knew going in Hammond wasn't going to sound fluid. Personally I think Collinsworth sounds fantastic, he's insightful, his delivery is very well done and he has excitement to boot. I think what it really comes down to is some guys can pull off voice work far better than others. Take Gary Thorne and Bill Clement as an example, when they did NHL2k5 they sounded awesome, flow really well and are exciting to listen to, the same as they are now in EA's hockey game, while the commentary in 2k's hockey game has been pretty bad ever since. If they can find a broadcaster that can do the pbp voice overs with some passion they'll be all set. Or at least coach Hammond when he's in the booth so that he's aware his lines are going to be spliced together to make him make an extra effort.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #44
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I think we all knew going in Hammond wasn't going to sound fluid. Personally I think Collinsworth sounds fantastic, he's insightful, his delivery is very well done and he has excitement to boot. I think what it really comes down to is some guys can pull off voice work far better than others. Take Gary Thorne and Bill Clement as an example, when they did NHL2k5 they sounded awesome, flow really well and are exciting to listen to, the same as they are now in EA's hockey game, while the commentary in 2k's hockey game has been pretty bad ever since. If they can find a broadcaster that can do the pbp voice overs with some passion they'll be all set. Or at least coach Hammond when he's in the booth so that he's aware his lines are going to be spliced together to make him make an extra effort.

i agree with that and that's part of the issue, but speaking as an audio engineer, it's really just the editing in itself that's horrible.. i can't stand it. whoever was chopping those wavs...yikes..
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Collinsworth is in the booth this year with Al Michaels, since Madden retired. Would love to see this pair in '11
Detroit Red Wings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Chris and Al Michaels would be great. Al did some commentary for the old OT SPORTS game Monday Night Football. Hammond mails it in and disappoints. I think Chris is one of the best. I would like to see Eric Allen get involved in broadcasting games since he does a great job as an analyst on ESPN
Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #47
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

He sucks and some of the scipting does too. Luv when Chris says something to Tom and he says NOTHING! lol
Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 24

Okay, we all agree that the radio guy used in the past was lousy. BUT---he showed enthusiasm.

So--------how about taking him out of "radioland" and partnering him with Collingsworth?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »