Home

Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sacks

How many sacks a game are you guys getting on average?

I've only had 4 sacks in about 10 games using the Giants. Very unrealistic if you ask me. I do not control the DE's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sacks

i had 3 in my season opener against the raiders (i'm using the chargers). Only one of them was a user sack.

EDIT: the key seems to be not holding turbo until you've got a clear path to the qb.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Using the panthers I have managed 1-2 sacks a game. They mainly come from me when I use Brown(LE). The plays I get sacks on are not blitzs though, they are typically me getting off the RT on a dip move and sprinting to the QB. I can get 4+ but it requires me to dive tackle at the QB(cheese IMO) but it really seems to be the only way to stop a QB from throwing the lame duck most the time. It is frustrating to have Peppers on the other side normally not even getting close to the QB.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Only thing I've seen difficult is getting penetration with your DT... I've always thought Madden did a poor job with this, but getting to them with my ends even this year with the pocket isn't horrible and al ot of times even if I dont get a sack I make the QB throw wild.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »