Home

The Madden Franchise (Looking Back Over the Years)

This is a discussion on The Madden Franchise (Looking Back Over the Years) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
The Madden Franchise (Looking Back Over the Years)

Looking back over the years, what were some of your fondest Madden memories? Think back to your first Madden experience, and if possible, try to detail the year, the system, the players on your team, and new features the series introduced that made a lasting impression.

Madden '95 (SNES): Loved the combine drills and getting drafted to a team. I remember the series taking a significant step up graphically as well (players and teams looked more distinguished than in previous versions). I loved doing toss plays and sweeps to emmitt smith. The running game was a lot of fun.

Madden '98 (PSX): The real TV cutscenes (looking back) were pretty amazing. The player models were also starting to look like real human beings on the field and not bit-graphic dots. This was the very first Madden game I owned. All previous Maddens were games my friends or older cousins owned.

I remember being home alone as a kid on weekend evenings, playing multiple seasons of Madden '98 over marathon sessions (eyes burning, thumbs hurting, and looking forward to the next chance I got to play while turning the game off).

Madden '01 (PS2): Graphics were amazing: I think uniforms were getting dirty, and you could see reflection off the helmets. There were also significant improvements to franchise mode and stat tracking. Madden '01 is probably my last fond memory of the series.

Last edited by exclusivelover; 09-22-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: The Madden Franchise (Looking Back Over the Years)

Personally, before i was a big madden fan, i bought Madden 05 for the PSP. I started a franchise with the Giants that lasted 26 years, mainly because i liked madden, but not enought to buy the new games. 5 years late i have the 360, and buy madden games every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »