Home

Pass Defense In Madden NFL 10

This is a discussion on Pass Defense In Madden NFL 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #17
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Pass Defense In Madden NFL 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Adaptive AI. Stop running the same routes/plays/route combinations.
The adaptive AI is rubbish. From what Bill Abner says, the AI won't even adjust to the offensive package you use. If you come out in a five wide receiver set on first down, the AI will still send out a 4-3 defense.

Nothing else even matters if you can't even do the basic personnel correctly.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

I didn't understand what you meant, buy Apex commented on it in his new video. And I agree, its a huge problem.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #19
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Only 2 issue I have with the pass defense is the phantom interceptions that happen when your WR clearly is in position to catch the ball and the ball goes through him into the DB's hands.

The other being the Press/release ratings seem to mean nothing. I had Terrel Owens(99 release) get pressed ...not only pressed, double pressed by Mike Jenkins(79 Press) The press coverage is TOO good.

TO should be throwing Jenkins and other like rated Cb's into the dirt, but instead he is getting pressed into some jeans.

Also there is some warping/super leaping that goes on with LB's but its not often so ill let that pass.
were you playing the cpu or online. playing the cpu wi ouldnt' eb suprised. i've watched the timmons(79)spd lb from the steelers run step for step with breaston wr(91)spd wr fromt he cards on a drag route. i've seen jame sharrison turn in champ bailey and completely stay step for step with breason on a double move and even an out route. against a human opponent, things like this dont happen from what iv'e noticed
Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
So how do those of you that have the game early feel about the pass d...Doesn't it feel as tho sometimes it is psychic...Like defenders are running routes before the WR get a chance too...Almost a mirror image of the wr route...Which usually ends up in a deflection or a INT...Anyways what do you'll think of it...Oh yea this mostly happens in man d also
I have the game and I like the defenders trying to get aggressive, only if I have the chance to get aggressive too. By that I mean have enough time to go after the ball. I have seen some very nice animations by the defense going after the ball. I never take the chance of having the cpu catch the ball for me. User catch FTW!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
were you playing the cpu or online. playing the cpu wi ouldnt' eb suprised. i've watched the timmons(79)spd lb from the steelers run step for step with breaston wr(91)spd wr fromt he cards on a drag route. i've seen jame sharrison turn in champ bailey and completely stay step for step with breason on a double move and even an out route. against a human opponent, things like this dont happen from what iv'e noticed
When the T.O mugging happened I was playing the cpu. The phantom int stuff happens online and against the cpu.

I like the way the defense plays. Just tweak the Press coverage so that not EVERY DB can hold high release WR's for 3+ seconds.
I have not really seen LB's run stride for stride with WR's but they do warp sometimes and leap quite high in some situations that are questionable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #22
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
I didn't understand what you meant, buy Apex commented on it in his new video. And I agree, its a huge problem.

How did the right outside linebacker knew where the receiver was going without looking at him,
The animation should have had the linebacker shift in front of the slot receiver and turn and run with the receiver once the receiver made his cut then the linebacker make his leaving an opening. but in the video the linebacker was five yards off and not looking at the receiver and ran the route better than the receiver.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
MVP

I agree, thats was terrible coverage. If that happens a lot in Madden 10, it would piss me off. Thats a deal breaker for me. There is no way a LB should be mirroring my slot WR like that.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

I feel u op. They toned zone coverage down a little from last year and beefed up man way too much. As said b4 they made the bump and run something crazy son. Sometimes my guys are stuck on the LOS for like 3-4 sec...ALL OF THEM...

And I think IMO, that curls cant be completed vs man D....The D that curls are ment to beat. How the hell does the CB jump the curl every time no matter what. I can live with the CBs jumping ins and outs but a curl is just crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »