Home

Please patch the ball floating after being hit

This is a discussion on Please patch the ball floating after being hit within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Please patch the ball floating after being hit

This animation is way too overdone. If I give up a touchdown because a D-Lineman ran an interception back after this animation one more time I'm going to scream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Please patch the ball floating after being hit

This happens a lot. The QB is going to throw up a duck if he holds on to it too long.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
This animation is way too overdone. If I give up a touchdown because a D-Lineman ran an interception back after this animation one more time I'm going to scream.
its they way it is I like it, it doe snot need to be patched. That's what happens. I agree that it happens a lot but just don't hold on to the ball as long.
Mets
Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

Throw the ball away if nobody's open and defenders are bearing down on you...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I love the animation. Bad passes need to happen more. This is a good start at implementing that.

I wish there was a way to manually throw a bad pass. Maybe the "throw away" button should throw an uncatchable pass (way overthrown, at the recievers feet... etc) instead of just randomly chucking it out of bounds for a penalty if the QB is still in the pocket.

I hate that the only options are:
1. Throw into coverage.
2. Take the sack.
3. Throw the ball out of bounds and get a penalty for intentional grounding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

What happened to the risk and reward system with the QBs taking a chance at throwing the ball? Like if a QB stand strong in the pocket much like how Brady did when he went down with an injury last season, he completed that pass to Moss against the Chiefs.

I have yet to see anything but the duck pass when a QB gets hit. It is way overdone. I'm not expecting to complete the passes. I want to see different ways the ball comes out of the QBs hands. The only other animation I have seen was when the QB does the act of throwing but never releases the ball and gets sacked.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I have to agree...it's way too overdone. I see it too much when I'm playing QB, and I see it too much when the AI is controlling the QB.

I'm not sure how they would rememdy that though...would you want all of those ducks to be sacks? Probably not . Maybe reduce the tolerance (there does appear to be some suction there at times to force the duck).

A by-product of these lame duck passes is that in my opinion, the penalties aren't being enforced. Unless I'm not clear on the rules, shouldn't some of those passes be intentional grounding? Sometimes there are no receivers in the vicinity of where the ball drops. Or does grounding only apply if the QB is not hit and he gets rid of it?

Additionally, I'm not getting any roughing-the-passer calls. I've seen guys take 3-4 steps after the ball has been thrown and nail the QB. I have the slider up to 100 and I still hardly see it called.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I agree completely. Way too overdone. Seems like something they could patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »