Home

Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

I use the Raiders. They are my team. Defense is good with them. My favorite thing about them is - you can assign Nnamdi to the best WR or whoever the offense is using- - I've assigned him to Westbrook when I played the Eagles and Gates when I played the Chargers - took them out. Really helps the chess match. Forces teams to use their other players -

Raiders offense - while their ratings suck - they are hard to stop. SPEED is so important and the Raiders have it everywhere. McFadden catching passes out the backfield and 5 to 4 wide formations out of the Gun is nearly impossible to stop. All you gotta do with Oakland is have a couple guys crossing over the middle - Higgins and DHB and 1 guy crossing deep - dink and dunk. The only WR that doesn't run away from the D is Walker. The rest of them run open all day. But should someone run a zone, McFadden will always be open for a short dump off and the deep strike behind the D is there.

I mainly throw short to Higgins and run it in for a TD as if it is a punt return. He is so fast and agile that you can run circles with him around the d.

DHB is also very good because of his speed. I just played the packers and killed a great corner in CWOOD just because DHB is so much faster on crossing routes.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkin7
Chris Johnson is probably the fastest player in the NFL along with Hester. And Johnson actually isn't a big play or bust type of guy. He ran between the tackles plenty of times last year. He has great vision.

So you are a Titan's homer? I watched him. Yes he ran between the tackles. I saw that. But in this game he runs through the tackles because of his speed. He is overrated in Madden in comparison to the rest.

And really? He's the fastest? LOL

So he is faster than Fabian Washington on the Ravens? A guy that holds the combine record?

Faster than Chris Johnson on the Raiders? A guy that ran a 4.19 at his pro day? Faster than Heyward-Bey?

The NFL is jam packed with speed. CJ is fast, but the difference between his speed and the fastest LB in the NFL's speed isn't 20 yards. The speed ratings are too spread out for EA's elite speed guys vs the rest of the NFL.

It makes certain players 1 man shows in this game.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

Didn't C. Johnson have the fastest 40 time ever at the combine?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Highly rated players dominate the game? What the crap? Fast players are faster than others? What the hell?

For some reason I think the OP is greatly embellishing his experiences to try and prove a point.
Why don't you just call him a liar instead of saying he's "greatly embellishing his experiences". LOL
Old 08-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
So you are a Titan's homer? I watched him. Yes he ran between the tackles. I saw that. But in this game he runs through the tackles because of his speed. He is overrated in Madden in comparison to the rest.

So he is faster than Fabian Washington on the Ravens? A guy that holds the combine record?

Faster than Chris Johnson on the Raiders? A guy that ran a 4.19 at his pro day? Faster than Heyward-Bey?

The NFL is jam packed with speed. CJ is fast, but the difference between his speed and the fastest LB in the NFL's speed isn't 20 yards. The speed ratings are too spread out for EA's elite speed guys vs the rest of the NFL.

Don't give me these garbage pro day 40's. If those are legit, Lucas Taylor from UT runs a 4.3. Nah.

I am a Titans fan. I watched every game last year. Chris Johnson isn't a big play or bust guy. I'm sorry if you think that is homerism.
He averaged 4.9 yards a carry last year with over 250 attempts. I few big runs are not going to skew his AVG that high.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

Okay maybe I'm alone in this but why not just adjust sliders man?

Seem like some people enjoy throwing rocks...the game is far from perfect but is a good game...

Dont like something about how game is playing its fine 9/10 there is a slider that YOU can adjust to your liking and skill level...

I just played Vikes in my Chise and All-Day ran for almost 200 yrds...I was playing with the Lions so seem bout right to me wasnt unstopable but had great game...

I thikn the new rating system is head and tail above what we've had in past years, stars play like stars and average players play to thier skill level...Well done dev. team! I'm not a big EA fan guy but I'll give credit when credit is due...

All in all its your game and I think the Ian & company have given you all the tools needed to adjust the game and make it an enjoyable expirence for all no matter your play style sim or tour guys...The Franchise is strpped down but so much fun...well Off to play more
Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
Didn't C. Johnson have the fastest 40 time ever at the combine?
This is actually hard to tell/prove, but most accounts have Deion being the quickest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever

Actually yes, he was the fastest player and broke the combine record last year in the 40. He ran a 4.2 40 btw and No, there isnt anyone faster than him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »