Home

Justed tasted 4 games online with ACELL! My take...

This is a discussion on Justed tasted 4 games online with ACELL! My take... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Justed tasted 4 games online with ACELL! My take...

OK, just played 4 games online last night and the games are longer then my initial thoughts...

Played a guy online using the colts; I of course stick to the Texans because well, I am a Texan.

Online saves your audibles for all games so you have a whole arsonal of audibles you can use to try and destroy your opponents which is better then having to adjust the audible screen every time you play a game

Also, being able to change my uniforms to RED battle day (jersy and paints) STEEL BLUE day (jersy and paints) and LIBERTY WHITE again, both jersy and paints was just awsome! The days i mentioned do happen in real life btw here in Houston.

Ok, I am not making any **** up here, this guy returns the first kickoff for a TD with T. J. Rushing and this little man is fast! He belongs in a video game no kidding.

I get the ball back and start looking for my plays then all the sudden I hear the play clock counting down; I call a run play to avoid a delay of game...

Then you know what; I just hurried back to the line and BAM! 30 seconds were on the clock for me to call a audible, motion guys etc. and do all the things that i did in madden 09.

This ACELL clock isnt solving anything here accept making people call no huddle all game long! Now, i did not do this; went back and picked plays that I already knew I was going to pick and still only had around 7 seconds before presnap to make adjustments. Thats with setting my tight end to block and other things while the QB jogs to the LOS but you cant send a guy in motion till the qb is at the LOS, just not enough time.

Anyways, the outcome of the game, the guy runs T. J. Rushing for 2 more kick returns no shiat! T. J. Rushing had 3 kick returns for a whopping 21 points...

The score @ halftime was 3 - 21 in favor of the Colts. I get the ball back first and im thinking this is not looking good because I am not use to the ACELL clock and the new playbook makes it hard locating plays fast of course because its new. I did start finding plays from last year but plays were missing from the play book that were there last year.

Anyways, I start doing no huddle and finally started moving the ball down the field. Scored, stopped him, Scored, Stopped him etc.

2 minute warning score is 20 - 28 in favor of the Colts. I have have the ball on the 23rd line and the clock is actually moving in normal mode now so I feel more in my comfort zone. I score a TD with about 30 some seconds left on the clock; called a play within the gun formation and converted for 2 points; The game is TIED!

I kick the ball off, very first play he screens out to the left where SUPER MARIO hits the dude so hard his helmet should have popped off (maybe in next years madden) but at least the rock pops out, no fight for fumble! MARIO scoops up the ball and takes it 24 yards for 6

TEXANS win 35 - 28

One hell of a game but im telling you right now that the ACELL clock is going to ruin the online game because the new ACELL = no huddle football and that my friend is not realistic!

Last edited by supertank; 08-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Justed tasted 4 games online with ACELL! My take...

How did they taste?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
How did they taste?
Well, it did taste fresh and the face was beautifull; not the same old meat you pound...

You get my point?

Last edited by supertank; 08-12-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

If you call no huddle all game your guys will fatigue and you will lose. End of problem. If you're lucky enough to get a couple big plays where your offense can rest while the defense is on the field you might be able to do it for a quarter or so..but if cheesers try to no huddle all game the fatigue issue will catch up with them...or so I would hope.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
If you call no huddle all game your guys will fatigue and you will lose. End of problem.

Ugh; BS...

Not in my experience...
Of course I was down by 18 points
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertank
T. J. Rushing and this little man is fast! He looks like he belongs in a video game he so fast no kidding.
You don't say? May be one day he will be incorporated into a video game where he can return a opening kick off for a TD.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
You don't say? May be one day he will be incorporated into a video game where he can return a opening kick off for a TD.
Yeah; did I fail to mention that he is in a video game...

Did I fail to mention that he returned the ball back 3 times for TD's in a video game?

Sorry about that

Last edited by supertank; 08-12-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Accelerated playclock is gonna give me alll the ime I want when I nohuddle, but my opponents will get less time. Funnystuff, should work to my advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »