Home

how does weather channel work?

This is a discussion on how does weather channel work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3
how does weather channel work?

played full season w/ GB packs.....i have yet to played in rain or snow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: how does weather channel work?

If it's the same as Tiger Woods -and I don't see why it wouldn't be- the weather is the same as whatever city you are playing at the time you start your game. So unless it's snowing in GB now you won't see snow. Since they haven't perfected Nostrodamus AI and they haven't programmed in the Farmer's Almanac I guess you'd be stuck playing in the current weather conditions.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
If it's the same as Tiger Woods -and I don't see why it wouldn't be- the weather is the same as whatever city you are playing at the time you start your game. So unless it's snowing in GB now you won't see snow. Since they haven't perfected Nostrodamus AI and they haven't programmed in the Farmer's Almanac I guess you'd be stuck playing in the current weather conditions.
That's really stupid if that's true. So in season, if it's December, you'd still be playing in 90 degree weather if it's in the middle of August in real life? That's not very realistic.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Well I don't have the game, but I'm going to assume there is some sort of setting to set it for random weather relative to the city you are playing in and the time of year. If that kind of setting isn't there than I agree that it's stupid. Otherwise I think it's fine. The weather channel thing is good for those people who want to recreate a real game during the season on the day it happens for whatever reason..you will get similar weather.

Now what would really be cool is if they input the weather data for all the games at the end of the season through a patch or roster update (is this even possible?), so you can sim through with the exact weather conditions your chosen team faced. This is a very long shot I know, but I'm just saying.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacfenian
That's really stupid if that's true. So in season, if it's December, you'd still be playing in 90 degree weather if it's in the middle of August in real life? That's not very realistic.

No, there's no live weather for franchise mode. That's strictly "simmed" along with the time of year that the game is supposedly being played. ie. Dec = Frozen Tundra.

The live weather only works for play now mode.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
The live weather only works for play now mode.
Yes, play now and online matches are the only game modes that use the Live Weather feature.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

wow..this is dumb -_-
Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Yes, play now and online matches are the only game modes that use the Live Weather feature.
boo, but i guess u cant have your cake and eat it too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »