Home

Online Franchise impressions from Pastapadre

This is a discussion on Online Franchise impressions from Pastapadre within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Online Franchise impressions from Pastapadre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Normal speed is more realistic and produces more accurate 40 times. It better stay this way.
Who cares I like the slow speed setting. Speed of the game was one of the biggest turn offs for me in past Maddens. Now they put in a speed setting and I can't even use it online.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

yep, every 2 or 3 days, something else turn up missing from this feature. it is whack.

to the guy asking about trading draft picks, its not possible in onlinne franchsie
Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

I am a sim player and want the most realistic speed setting for online, which is "normal". However, I do agree that we should have the option seeing as it is our own online franchise.

And when I mentioned 40 times earlier, I WAS taking into consideration with pads on. Therefore Chris Johnson isn't out there running a 4.3 40, more like a 4.6 40. The slow setting is way too slow and makes players look like they are running through mud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

Although I havent played on normal mode. Im assuming that it will effect the human passing game even more. I love how in slow mode you dont even have to look at the line and can just focus on your wr's. I went from being a west coast only kinda passer to actually being able to see some deep routes opening up for me.

I think just about everyone I know who I have talked to about Madden . First thing out of there mouth was " the new speed is great" And I echo those exact words. Imo the passing game is amazing at that slow speed setting. Its also makes finding the holes in the running game that much better also.

On another note: Sliders not being in is another . I would love to raise the cpu's ability to run the ball. My dream is for one day I can just pop in madden and the cpu will be able to run on me. But until that day happens if ever, Sliders would help alot.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

it was my understanding that you are able to trade picks.. or u can just have the commish know what pick you traded.. then have the user draft the player you want with that pick...then he would release that player and the commish put him on your team

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Although I havent played on normal mode. Im assuming that it will effect the human passing game even more. I love how in slow mode you dont even have to look at the line and can just focus on your wr's. I went from being a west coast only kinda passer to actually being able to see some deep routes opening up for me.
I wish more people were aware of this - EA has slowed the game down across the board, meaning Normal speed is already going to be slower than 09. So Normal should be default.

Slow is way too slow, and like you said, you don't have to look t the line. You can just drop back, relax, watch those holes open up, etc. That takes away an important layer from the gameplay. For the casual fan, I can see why you would want it on slow. For sim players, realistic speed is Normal.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

I agree with the post below exactly..... Human passing is much more difficult on normal. The game was shipped with the offline default speed on "slow", but they don't carry over that same default characteristic online??? And not to give the commish of an online franchise the opportunity to play our games on whatever speed setting our league wishes, simply does not make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180

I think just about everyone I know who I have talked to about Madden . First thing out of there mouth was " the new speed is great" And I echo those exact words. Imo the passing game is amazing at that slow speed setting. Its also makes finding the holes in the running game that much better also.

On another note: Sliders not being in is another . I would love to raise the cpu's ability to run the ball. My dream is for one day I can just pop in madden and the cpu will be able to run on me. But until that day happens if ever, Sliders would help alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

These are the key questions I have about online franchises

1. Are there awards at the end of each season?
2. Can the online features be patched later and apply to currently running franchises or will we have to start over?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »