Home

Madden Midnight Release Stories

This is a discussion on Madden Midnight Release Stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 02:06 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Madden Midnight Release Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaidher
the guy at my gamestop said they was having one, they better im hyped up i wanna play it so bad lol.
I had plans with my friend to pick it up at midnight and play all night because we were so amped up. Then my ps3 broke. Then the midnight release didn't even occur after all. Bad luck I guess.
Or my ps3 hates madden.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:09 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
I had plans with my friend to pick it up at midnight and play all night because we were so amped up. Then my ps3 broke. Then the midnight release didn't even occur after all. Bad luck I guess.
Or my ps3 hates madden.
damn that sucks man, its like one of those thing like you want something so bad and in the back of your mind your thinking i hope nothing goes wrong.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_perry
Not sure if this is in the right place if not mods got ahead and close.

I would like to know if anything interesting happened in the area of where you got your copy while you waited.

Here is my story:

First of all, I live in probably the most crooked town ever with a cycle of new young policemen that are trying to establish themselves in our city. Well me and a guy probably in his late 50's were sitting outside the store waiting (it was just me and him because college football is 100X more popular in our area). Well me and him were talking and everything when this Barney Five wannabe for the city drives up and asks what we're doing and he doesn't believe us when we tell him. So he asks for our ID's and i show him mine and the older guy refuses. He slaps the cuffs on the guy and is doing his rights or whatever and the older guy asks him to check his wallet in his back pocket. The officer does so and it turns out he is the head cheese for the county. I was laughing so hard at that kid apologizing and asking the man not to report him.

Bottom line i figured something else may have happened somewhere else so i was curious.

what ethnicity are u and this gentleman u were with? I'm curious
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 AM   #12
Rookie

milehighmagic303's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaidher
the guy at my gamestop said they was having one, they better im hyped up i wanna play it so bad lol.
Same here,I'm really hoping they have one or I'm suing for false advertisement haha but,seriously I'm hoping he wasn't lying because I already preordered mine at gamestop
Old 08-14-2009, 02:17 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

How long do you think a midnight release would take if there are like 2 or 3 other gamestops in like a 5 mile radius?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighmagic303
Same here,I'm really hoping they have one or I'm suing for false advertisement haha but,seriously I'm hoping he wasn't lying because I already preordered mine at gamestop
lol me to im gonna be pissed if they dont when they guy told me they was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSRLes
How long do you think a midnight release would take if there are like 2 or 3 other gamestops in like a 5 mile radius?
im guessing probably not long unless alot of people prefer the one your going to.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Just because it is 3 Gamestops in one area don't automatically mean ALL 3 are doing a midnight release. I didn't even bother going to a midnight release because where I live, in a 5 mile area there is 4 Gamestops, Best Buy, Walmart, Kmart, Meijers, Costco, Sears, Toys R Us, 2 Radio Shacks and a Game Crazy.

So I know there will be many copies left for me to get in the afternoon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:38 AM   #16
Rookie

jwoodson15's Arena

OVR: 7

I live in PA and went to Game Crazy to pick my copy up. Got there around 11pm and the place was packed! Probally close to 100 people there. They had Tournaments going on for PS3 and Xbox 360. I bought the game for Wii and got the Strategy Guide for 50% off. Figured for $10 wth. I traded in MLB 2K9 tonight towards credit for Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »