Home

Why should the consumer have to pay for content such as Online Franchise?

This is a discussion on Why should the consumer have to pay for content such as Online Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #25
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Why should the consumer have to pay for content such as Online Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom41
Not yet. But, if EA shows that there is money to be made by charging used game customers for the ablity to play online, then everyone will start doing it. It's all about making money, and as previously stated EA and all other game developers don't care one bit about the guy who buys the game used, because they aren't making any money off of him. Until now.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it is what it is. If playing online is that important to you, then you'll pay to get the code. If not, then you won't.
You can only squeeze your loyal fanbase so much. Eventually people will find new hobbies.

I have a good idea for them to save money. Don't renew the exclusive NFL license deal.

The NFL will drop the price once they realize nobody is willing to pay it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

I wonder if the code will work for 2 different users on the same system.

I have 1 profile, but will it work for someone who uses my ps3 with a different user name?
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Old 08-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
You can only squeeze your loyal fanbase so much. Eventually people will find new hobbies.

I have a good idea for them to save money. Don't renew the exclusive NFL license deal.

The NFL will drop the price once they realize nobody is willing to pay it.
That's the point. Someone who buys the game used is no longer part of EA's loyal fanbase. What does EA care if the guy who bought the game used decides not to buy it used next year. The only people EA cares about are the ones who bought the game new, and they don't have to pay any extra to play online. As far EA's concerned, at best they make a little more money off used game buyers who want to play online. At worst they lose nothing, because the guy who bought the game used this year (and EA didn't get any money from him) decides not to but it next year (and EA still doesn't get any money from him)
Old 08-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
I wonder if the code will work for 2 different users on the same system.

I have 1 profile, but will it work for someone who uses my ps3 with a different user name?
I know that didn't work with the Teambuilder Codes for NCAA, so I'm guessing it won't work.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Joe buys the game new for $60 and EA makes their profit. Part of Joe's $60 goes towards server costs (equipment, bandwidth, people, etc).

Well, this answers my question then about double dip. Joe already paid for the server use for his copy and EA got the profits out of Joe. So why charge Frank again for the same copy and server use? Joe is no longer the owner, this frees up the Franchise slot that Joe had, no extra bandwidth used that cost $$..it was being used by Joe the owner, now Frank can have it.

And as for used games EA is not getting a profit..WTH!, There is a reason why they should not get any profits for used games...They already got it when new! Is this their excuse to charge because they don't get any royalty$$ out of used games?. They are lucky people are buying their games new or used and having stores like Gamestop selling it and promoting it.

If they want profits from used games maybe they should get into the used games business.lol!!,

peace
Old 08-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here's the kicker...you have to go buy a PSP and madden 10 for PSP just to 'create-a play(book) to import to madden 10 ps3...

Some feel create a play is gimmicky but even just for franchise would allow for diversity..this game feels boring already..all the plays are recycled year to year..this is what makes the game dull
Old 08-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 12

I have a better one for you.

Why should I have to pay to get one of my player to come back for another year and not retire?

This SHOULD just be an option of the game that I already PAID for...........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #32
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
I have a better one for you.

Why should I have to pay to get one of my player to come back for another year and not retire?

This SHOULD just be an option of the game that I already PAID for...........
Yup. Tacky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »