Home

Madden10 (and possibly 11). As good as it gets?

This is a discussion on Madden10 (and possibly 11). As good as it gets? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden10 (and possibly 11). As good as it gets?

They need to scrap this horrible engine and just start from scratch. Then now we will have to wait 5 more years for another decent game again.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I know this game is a big improvement but it's still not better than 2k5 which is getting pretty silly that a game from 5 years ago seems so hard to surpass.I do think this game is good but it still is somewhat of a disappointment based on expectations that were raised.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
your really spending way too much time thinking about this..
I think his concern is reasonable. After all, the reason Madden fell off the tracks after 2005 is because they started listening to all the whining about worthless BS such as uniform authenticity, towels, and cut scenes. It seems to be that EA has a track record of being driven by trivial presentation requests.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

Wait wait wait... hardly anyone got the actual point here. I'm not talking about how good the game it is I'm talking about them moving towards a more sim game. If it's not well received by a lot of their people then things could revert back to the way they were before.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
Rookie

sinkdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmcfreak
They need to scrap this horrible engine and just start from scratch. Then now we will have to wait 5 more years for another decent game again.
I have been saying they should just scrap the game engine for years. I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

They've fundamentally been using this engine since Madden first appeared on the PS2 back in 2000.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

EA Sports made an off season move by firing Ortiz and moving Ian as an interim coach. In his first season as head coach of Madden, Ian managed to make the post season but lost in the first round. Next year Madden will make another post season and hopefully win the whole damn thing.

You guys are looking too much into the Gamespot review. Those guys up at GS have no clue how to review games especially sports. I've seen nothing but improvements with Madden and if anyone thinks otherwise; obviously you have no respect for sports simulation. I don't care what the arcade people think; there's a reason for rookie mode. We're making good stride here and hopefully next year things will look a lot brighter for Maddens future.

I would love to see more commentators added to the game next year.
Al Michaels
Rich Eisen
Deon Sanders 21st and Prime for Franchise
Troy Aikmen
Joe Thieseman
Frank Gifford
Brent Musberger

You can give an option to choose before the game who you'd like to use as a commentator combo. In Franchise this would be random depending on your game.

Work on run blocking. No more Sunday strolls.

Fix some of the animation glitches when players start the animation too early and result in miss tackles.

Pretty much fix various bugs and glitches.

Add some historic teams. All 70's, 80's, 90's, All decade teams, All Madden teams, All Pro teams.

There are so much small things to add and make the game seem more authentic it can easily be done. I would love to see combo of commentators, that would be amazing. If your game in franchise is played on Monday night, use three commentators.

Authenticity!

M10 8.8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »