Home

The best review on madden 10

This is a discussion on The best review on madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The best review on madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Yeah OK, Bill was caught up period point blank. Ask him about Procedural Awareness and where is it in the game.
Wow, I saw it on slow-mo replay in my first game last night with Jennings looking for the ball all the way.

Please, don't pretend it's not there, either.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I have a question for backbreaker, moody, the op, apex, and anyone else who does nothing but hate on madden and troll the madden boards: what's your goal? What's the endgame here? What would have to happen for you to say "mission accomplished"? And what are you doing to further that end?
Really, is having an opinion and sharing it trolling? Did I start this thread, because I have been pretty vocal about no posting my vids myself.

The "goal" is to inform people, make them see issues in the gameplay they might not see or have noticed. I can tell you first hand thats happened. If that makes people demand a better product, if it effects sales, if it helps EA make game changes so be it. All you can do is share information with people, what they do with it is up to them.

Looking at the same gameplay issues for the past 4 years its very clear a disconnect is happening between real football and the game and EA and its consumers.

That said, according to you, if I don't own the game I don't have a valid point.

Certainly whatever Apex, myself and others have done is working, proof is in how angry some of you seem to get about the videos.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-15-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #59
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I can only leave this conversation with this statement attributed to Denny Green "We are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook" with these BS reviews.
Wait, if we're who we thought they were, who are they?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #60
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree, the defense knows your route better then you do.
I disagree with the presentation. It needs a little more to it then just players practicing before the game.

I agree, pitches are broken. It's almost impossible to run a pitch unless you're playing arcade mode.
I agree, you never cut during a pitch.
I disagree, Barry Sanders did not dance too much or hurt his team. Barry Sanders is the greatest Running Back of all time.
I disagree about Barry Sanders in passing up Walter Payton. This is a choice he made to retire so that HE DOESN'T surpass his good friend and idol, the late great Walter Payton.

I agree, the shop is stupid. More free content means better title. This is something they're going to do for a long time now. Look at the Sims 3. Most of the content is in the Sims Shop.
I disagree, some of the items are realistic. They can be considered momentum gain not a cheap. It happens on Sunday.

I disagree, Madden is exactly where it's suppose to be. Ian and his team worked hard to clean up the mess Ortiz left behind. It shows us the future of Madden is a lot brighter.

Yes, animations are limited because of the engine. Ian has no control over it. If they were to were change the engine, you would miss 1 year of football since it takes over 1 year to redo the game. This would probably happen if the NFL contract was up.

Pro tak is still in it's early stages. Once again, the animations are limited with the engine EA uses for Madden. Getting pushed in the endzone happens on Sunday's because of positioning. Sometimes because of the Pro Tak, the defenders start the animation too early which causes them to miss tackles.

You tip your cap to Gamespot who know nothing about sports? You know nothing about imporvements which we've clearly seen with Madden. Need I remind you, I'm a hardcore 2K fanboy and by no means will I look down on Madden after what they've done. Great job Ian and company for what they've done. Once again, the future for Maddne looks good.

You want an arcade game? Play on rookie and you'll get arcade style playing. Why can't people understand the concept of game level? Remove Fatigue and have fun.

Bad review and most of the stuff he said didn't really make sense. If he was smart, he'd use an MP3 format to record his review or at least use a damn picture.

Bad Review guys, this not good at all. Bill Abner thus far has the best review. My rating still stands at 8.8 despite some of the flaws the game has. It's still playable and some problems will get fixed in patches. What more do people want; control a real football team? You'll have to wait for the year 2110 when that's possible.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Hmmm....I used to think the same about Apex who is now this "legend". His followers call him "god" and repeats many of his phrases on various message boards. Bill Abner clearly made an unbiased review and he was not afraid to point out the uglies.

That post was my error in judgment regrading Bill Abner's review and I have apologized. I was wrong and regret what I said about Bill...sorry about that. I really did not mean to discredit Bill, and I hope everyone can accept my aplogies here as well, so I'm moving on.

I even deleted my post so I wouldn't get any quoted replies...how did you get a hold of that ugly post?..lol

peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 12:11 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I have a question for backbreaker, moody, the op, apex, and anyone else who does nothing but hate on madden and troll the madden boards: what's your goal? What's the endgame here? What would have to happen for you to say "mission accomplished"? And what are you doing to further that end?

These people have spent years creating an emotional investment into being mad at EA and looking for anything negative they can possibly latch onto. They are not about to give credit where credit is due. They try to make it appear as though they do with comments like "this is a mediocre game. Yeah it's an improvement over 09 but that's only because 09 was the worst game ever". They make extreme statements in order to downplay the huge leap forward this series has taken........hell, that EA in general has taken with its sports games like Fight Night, NHL, Skate, and now Madden (one could also venture outside the sports genre and cite other great games being put out by EA these days). They just can't stand that EA has turned the corner and is now making games that people love.

Their goal is simple, to go to any length to justify their own agenda and try to rain on everyone else's parade. Lord knows they'll never actually reverse their ground and and allow themselves to enjoy a Madden game after 5 years (and countless thousands of internet posts) of misguided bitterness. All this hate and anger over a video game of all things. One would think politics were being discussed here but all it is is a bunch of people being mad at a video game and a video game publisher/developer. Pretty sad in the grand scheme of things.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #63
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm more upset that the board gets cluttered up with this nonsense. When I'm playing and enjoying the game, your videos are inconsequential. I have nothing to prove, I have no goal. I'm just, you know, playing the game.

Here's some follow up questions. 1) do you think people don't notice goofy things happening in games, especially people here re: madden?

2) if that's the case, and they still derive enjoyment, why's it your responsibility tocrap all over that?

3) is every game you enjoy perfect? Have you played a perfect game before?

Isn't it possible that the people who like the game know of the issues but enjoy it anyway? Furthermore, aren't they allowed that joy without someone over their shoulder all the time saying "yeah but"?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
I disagree, Barry Sanders did not dance too much or hurt his team. Barry Sanders is the greatest Running Back of all time.
I disagree about Barry Sanders in passing up Walter Payton. This is a choice he made to retire so that HE DOESN'T surpass his good friend and idol, the late great Walter Payton.

Bad review and most of the stuff he said didn't really make sense. If he was smart, he'd use an MP3 format to record his review or at least use a damn picture.
The Barry stuff is your opinion, its cool we disagree. Personally I think 1k negative yards hurts a team, but Barry did a lot more good than bad. You just cant let all the good make you ignore the bad. The point was if Barry couldn't cut back on pitches and sweeps don't tell me that's how to be successful in M10 running the ball. Which most people do, or simply say why would you run those plays you know those dont work.

Does a picture really make it more interesting than a black screen? Debatable.

I find it strange you say the review is bad after saying you agree with most of my points.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »