Home

The halftime show actually isn't that bad.

This is a discussion on The halftime show actually isn't that bad. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The halftime show actually isn't that bad.

Actually I believe it is that bad. It would be one thing if this was something that had never been done before but it has and has been done better. Seriously, the shows are too short. We don't get all the scores. We don't get video highlights of other games. Heck, wheres the in game sports ticker? I mean these are all things that can and should have been done. This is just another example of EA Sports doing something half assed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
I would also love, if they would use the backtracker during halftime instead of directly after the play, but that would be a change in the mechanic...and I am already happy that it works this year
Honestly that is a great idea. They should put backtracker during the halftime show instead of directly after the play. It will make the game feel more like a real NFL game. You can watch key plays and mistakes you made in the first half of the game. This along with playbyplay commentary during the highlights would greatly improve the halftime show, give a true NFL feel. We really need to suggest this for Madden11.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Honestly that is a great idea. They should put backtracker during the halftime show instead of directly after the play. It will make the game feel more like a real NFL game. You can watch key plays and mistakes you made in the first half of the game. This along with playbyplay commentary during the highlights would greatly improve the halftime show, give a true NFL feel. We really need to suggest this for Madden11.
I will

But I think it wouldn't be that easy (easy on the meaning of quickly done=low cost/quick fix), because I think it gets randomly triggered on certain plays and are not recorded.

But I really thing they will improve these "around" stuff unless they plan to rebuild the engine.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think it's pretty crappy, the voice acting in this game is truly garbage and to me it's by far the worst aspect of the game. The commentary is the same crap as last year and it was and still is awful and half the time doesn't even reflects whats happening on the field. Anything involving people talking in this game is truly terrible.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 10

I really don't think its as bad as some people make it out to be. It's a great foundation for a first try! Video highlights will need commentary in the future obviously. Also, they need to talk about more than the number of plays ran by each team. Who is doing great in the game so far? Who is surprisingly doing poorly? Good/bad coaching decisions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #46
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I'll amend my last post after re-familiarizing myself with 2k5's show. An example can be seen here to compare the two half-time shows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQI6C...eature=related

Honestly 2K5's was much more watchable. While some of the commentary during the highlights was repetitive, it was very true to a TV-style broadcast and much more in-depth than the superficial Madden show.

To break it down, you generally have similar transitions, although I'd say the commentary team for 2K5 does a much better job than Tom Hammond who needs to be replaced or completely rewritten.

2K5 - Shows the halftime stats comparing teams, including analysis. Does highlights of the game, including commentary and analysis by Boomer. Concludes with the selection of a "halftime hero" noting an important player from the first half.

Madden - Very generic commentary throughout. Briefly shows scores from other games occurring or that have occurred. Proceeds to list some players from those other-market games. Then compares stats between the teams in your game, including analysis of one or two stats in particular. Then transitions to the "highlights in your game" which is incredibly generic, and no commentary or analysis.

The transitions in Madden are really bad honestly, especially between the two commentary teams. All Fran really does is transition to that girl who probably needs to be done away with, but there's nothing about the teams or even a transition to the game commentators of Tom and Chris. The end of the game is the same way, although in that case the game is just suddenly over and is extremely anti-climactic.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 9

Jep...it's an foundation. All the things people complain about simply needs time with the voice actors, so it's an smaller issue then setting the whole thing up.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #48
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually love how quick and brief the shows (half and end) are. but so long as they keep it fast paced I would not object to a little more detail. Otherwise if its too long I;'ll watch it twice and skip it every time after that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »