Home

Tim Tebow too good? The first rounder that shouldn't be.

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow too good? The first rounder that shouldn't be. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tim Tebow too good? The first rounder that shouldn't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
I know it's random, but it makes me angry when he goes in the top ten and has A potential, they should at least bump it down to B guys.
I would hate to see you get mad over real life situations.........
Old 08-15-2009, 05:05 AM   #10
Rookie

Michael321's Arena

OVR: 6

There's no guarantee that any player in college football right not is going to be a star in the nfl. If you think Tebow is too high make him lower in NCAA. No human being knows the future so quit hating on a dude that's only won on every level he's ever played at. Could he be a career backup in the nfl? Yes. Could he be a HOF? Yes. Will we find out the answer in the next 5 years? Yes. BTW, if he goes in the 3rd or 4th round this next draft he shouldn't be considered a bust anyway imo. Busts are people that usually go first or second round and don't achieve top tier status in the league. I personally think the guy is a proven winner and will be successful at whatever the guy does in life. Peace
Old 08-15-2009, 05:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I hate this. When I import classes from NCAA 10, Tebow always ends up 73-75. This is too high a rating for him. He will be a late 3rd early 4th round pick that will go on the first day.

Now I know I am not an ESPN analyst or anything like that, but I know what I'm talking about.

A.He is one of the best college football players ever,so his rating in NCAA are high and rightly so.Players with high Rating in NCAA are the players top players in the draft nothing you can about it

B.I don't agree with it i think he has chance to be decent to good nfl QB but people have projected Tim Tebow as good TE or H-Back.His non qb skills are so good that people think that he can play in nfl at other postion.

C.He is not in the nfl yet so your calls of bust are premature,In fact the NCAA cfb season is not over.Tebow could put together a good year college and good work out in nfl combine.He actually be rated that high in the real nfl draft.

By time this is real issue meaning the draft has already pass and training camps/pre season are starting up and tebow is struggle to something in the nfl.The next madden and ncaa will be out and the probelm will be gone

PS- Alex Smith went in 1 number in the draft running the same system as Tebow,He had no where close to the college career tebow had already.It is amazing what one good year and good work can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
He will be a late 3rd early 4th round pick that will go on the first day. Here's why:

7. O-Line. The team he will go to *coughRaiderscough* will have a bad O-Line, perhaps the reason why the are picking so high.

Overall, he is one of the major busts of 2010..likely.

Now I know I am not an ESPN analyst or anything like that, but I know what I'm talking about.
Obviously you don't know what you are talking about... You say he's going in the 3rd-4th round, but then you say the team he goes to will be bad, which is why they pick so high. You don't have to be bad to pick in the 3rd 4th round. Pretty sure every team does that.

Aside from that, here's how I see it.

Tebow is thought to have adequate arm strength but a weird, slow release. Some believe it is fixable, but the team that drafts him probably won't change it. Several current players with weird mechanics have been good in the NFL (Philip Rivers and Tony Romo come to mind).

His real problem is just his offense. It's not so much that it is a spread offense, but like you tried to explain, it has a lack of NFL routes and utilizes simpler reads and short, easy passes to get the ball to their great athletes who can rack up the YAC.

Since the NFL scouts are always incredibly skeptical of QBs with any type of athleticism, his system doesn't do much to help his cause since it doesn't really allow him (or ask him) to throw NFL routes or go through a lot of progressions or read defenses as much to prove he can be a pro style QB. It's not a given that he isn't talented enough or that he will fail, it's just that his offense hasn't, and wasn't meant to, build NFL QBs.

Some team will give him a chance at QB. He has incredible leadership and determination, and there will be a team who falls in love with Tebow for those reasons. If he fails at QB, he can still probably make a pretty decent H-back due to his power running and size.

Oh, and 3rd and 4th round QBs aren't really considered busts. And calling Troy Smith a bust is completely laughable since he was a 5th round pick and probably would have been the Ravens' starter last season had he not been sick and missed his preseason starts. Even though he isn't their starter, he's done a pretty good job in the packages they use him in. And I hate the Ravens... and Ohio State... and hated that he won the Heisman that year.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #13
MattUMD224

OVR:

its a damn video game....geez some of you people complain about the dumbest things in the world....how the health would a video game know how to rate potential for a player...if he is drafted in the 1st round most liely he ill have A potential

a video company isn't going to make sure to have one player has bad potential

Old 08-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #14
Rookie

bigcw22's Arena

OVR: 1

I imported my draft class from NCAA in which T. Tebow had won the Heisman his Senior year. Well, I ended up drafting him in Madden in Round 3 and he had a 68 overall rating. I am not going to touch the T. Tebow debate but wanted to let you know that it seemed to work out in my franchise.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I know it's random, but it makes me angry when he goes in the top ten and has A potential, they should at least bump it down to B guys.
And why? Because you say so?

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck911
A.He is one of the best college football players ever,so his rating in NCAA are high and rightly so.Players with high Rating in NCAA are the players top players in the draft nothing you can about it

B.I don't agree with it i think he has chance to be decent to good nfl QB but people have projected Tim Tebow as good TE or H-Back.His non qb skills are so good that people think that he can play in nfl at other postion.

C.He is not in the nfl yet so your calls of bust are premature,In fact the NCAA cfb season is not over.Tebow could put together a good year college and good work out in nfl combine.He actually be rated that high in the real nfl draft.

By time this is real issue meaning the draft has already pass and training camps/pre season are starting up and tebow is struggle to something in the nfl.The next madden and ncaa will be out and the probelm will be gone

PS- Alex Smith went in 1 number in the draft running the same system as Tebow,He had no where close to the college career tebow had already.It is amazing what one good year and good work can do.
3rd Overall

also look at David Carr good year got him number 1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »