Home

Freaking Field Goals

This is a discussion on Freaking Field Goals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8
Freaking Field Goals

First and foremost, let me say that I am extremely happy with M10. Of course it has its problems, what game doesn't? It is however, the best football game out right now bar none. Mind you, prior to this one, I hadn't purchased a Madden game since Eddie George was on the cover. Of course, I had played them, but never to the extent that '10 or any of 2kSports amazing offerings...

With that said... What's up with the field goal kicking? Why is it that average kickers can hit 51+yds like its nothing.. It really kills the suspense of the games and cheapens the experience. In overtimes or tie games, the game is essentially over once the offense crosses midfield(unless they get hit with these ludicrous holding penalties on fgs)

Experimenting with the sliders, I've found roughly 70% power is about right for FGs.. It's too late to patch the actual kicking mechanic to make kicking harder and more realistic, but can the kicker power in online games be toned down a little?

Has kicking in Madden always been like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Freaking Field Goals

Field Goals in Madden have always been easy. Around this time last year Ian Cummings said that he had some ideas on how to change it so that it would be more challenging (I wanted something more like APF2K8. FGs in APF2K8 were never automatic).

I really don't see how FG in Madden 10 differs greatly from past versions of the game. This is one aspect of the game where I do feel that promises were broken.

I know that a new kicking mechanism can not be put into place in a patch (wait till next year I guess) however, at the very least, I would like to see a patch where the user has the option to remove the kicking meter (so that some level of challenge may be had).
Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Kicking has always been pretty easy in madden though it is harder it 10. The weather actually plays a part in kicking.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've seen the CPU miss a few field goals suisham missed two in a game I played against the CPU from 47 and 50 I've have missed a fg I was playing the kansas city in arrow head it was raining and the wind was 18 mph it pushed my attempt WIDE RIGHT!!! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »