Home

O-Lineman Ratings Means Nothing.

This is a discussion on O-Lineman Ratings Means Nothing. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: O-Lineman Ratings Means Nothing.

Does slide protection help at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well like some people have said before. The problem is coming from the oline/dline interaction. There is none hardly. t just seems the AI on offense and defense always has the upper hand on the human controlled team. Thats the main problem there. The AI always knows what you are doing and all that. It alway seems the the AI will give it's players alot more push and the ability to out do us in the game. And I agree the the oline/dline interaction doesn't mean crap when playing agaist the AI.Pass rush is weak and the oline blocking is terrible. Well I sell my copy right now?? No. Should Ian or Phil respond to this sudden response about the oline and defense problems and stuff like that?? yes they should. Some people say they adjust the sliders and then it is fine. That ain't the point. The point is that it seems that the AI is way to smart. Dumb down the AI?? No. Just for once I would love to a balance between the AI and Human interaction to make the game more fun.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 08-16-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Why is this shocking. They dont even have play specific blocking assignments. They just have guys runnin round looking to block the referees.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 12

The problem is for players in coaches mode / cpu vs cpu.

If you are controling your team, then your lineman will show a difference, but if we are playing coaches mode or cpu vs cpu our lineman ratings means nothing since it's being controled by the AI. The AI is giving our scrub lineman pro-bowl ratings.

It's a problem that need to be fixed. The draft means nothing if i could put anyone on o-line.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Does slide protection help at all?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Do you even have the game? You've been awful critical of "bugs" in the game but it appears you don't even have it.
Do you really need to own this game to realize the bad aspects? Most complaints are supported by videos and guys on here posting 25 threads on the same negative.
Don't shoot him down cuz he didn't spend 60 on a game that doesn't fit his expectation. I smell a vendetta in the air.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #31
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

One of my pet hates is when there's, say a three man rush, and one or two of the lineman are just standing there blocking nothing. And of course one of the three guys will get to the quarterback. It's probably just my luck

I am really enjoying the new direction the blocking is going in, and most of the time it works really well, but you still have the occasions where the DE magically loses the blocker when he's about to hit the quarterback, or someone comes in unblocked to the quarterback.

It's the same with the running game. A lot of the time the blocking is fine, in some cases it plays out amazingly, just like you see in a real game, however you still get times where the OL just completely misses a blocker or two.

In real life you see it maybe once or twice a game, not three or four times a quarter. And even in the real life occurances, it's more to do with confusion over assignments.

I know it's a tricky thing to get right, but at least the O lineman should PARTIALLY block the guy on 99/100 plays.

O-line play is much improved, but D-line play is the one that really needs fixing.

EA have done a great job with blocking compared to last year however. In fact a great job full stop with almost the whole game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
This is strange because in my past season, I had a very good offensive line and while they didn't open up ANY holes for my running back, they gave me a lot of time in the pocket. Meanwhile this year, my two guards suck compared to the year before, and so now, not only can I not run at all because of the blocking, but I barely get any time to throw.
The offensive line never opens up holes. It just doesn't happen. If there's a "hole" it is two lineman with a defender pouring through. You will rarely ever - if ever - run up the middle and make it five yards without contact.

Absolutely gamebreaking in comparison to comparatively ancient efforts from 2k sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »