Home

Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

This is a discussion on Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #65
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

I have no idea how long it takes to rebuild a game from the ground up. But could it be done? Would it be smart to attempt? Forget about the fact that they will continue to make money on what Madden is now. Is it possible to start creating a new engine today, and have it be ready to go August 14th, 2010?

The answer HAS to be no. I'm sure you could do it. But at what quality would it be? I also wonder how much better the current engine could be made. Can it be band-aided enough to make it a high quality engine?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #66

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I have no idea how long it takes to rebuild a game from the ground up. But could it be done? Would it be smart to attempt? Forget about the fact that they will continue to make money on what Madden is now. Is it possible to start creating a new engine today, and have it be ready to go August 14th, 2010?

The answer HAS to be no. I'm sure you could do it. But at what quality would it be? I also wonder how much better the current engine could be made. Can it be band-aided enough to make it a high quality engine?
I think they are pretty close to having a good/great system. If they started over now, then it will just be another 2-3 year mess.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #67
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I have realized this as well when I played so I just had to set myself some house rules. Sucks that the flats are money, but I try not to exploit them because I don't want to ruin the experience for me.
I think the only reason I've yet to notice this issue, is because I keep my RB in pass pro 99% of the time. I'd much rather have the extra blocker than throw to the flats. But the CPU definitely throws out to the flats often. And usually on 3rd down. I guess I've just never taken notice.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

The only way they would ever do it prior to the PS4 is if the entire player base refused to purchase Madden 11.

That won't happen.

The pleads for a new engine will hopefully be realized with the PS4. However, as I've said elsewhere: I don't know that I want to buy a PS4. Right now, I honestly want one football game that plays like football and has a solid franchise that goes long, long term. Graphics are good enough now to keep me happy long term - hell - I can still play old 2k stuff without cringing at the visuals from last gen.

I want to have a football game that I can play to the end. A real gem. I'm starting to go crazy waiting!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #69
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Well awhile back Ian explained, when the engine talk got pretty hot, that a large contributing factor to Madden's current engine being so "flawed" was because they started anew. Instead of using what they had on PS2/Xbox, they started from scratch. Or I'm not sure if it was from scratch per-se. But basically I guess.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #70
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

EA is not to blame for this. It's all the NFL's fault for allowing one company to have exclusive rights. Had it not been for that damn contract, right now we'd be looking elswhere for a football game. Unfortunately, we don't have that choice. Let's hope Ian didn't run off with his tail between his legs. I hear he's on vacation but I'm really interested to hear what these devs have to say about this.

I agree the game is not bad and it shows signs of improvements. This kind of stuff shouldn't be in the game. I've worked for ea a few years ago and I can assure you fixing bugs and glitches is a high priority. I worked at redwood city the main HQ. I don't know what the Madden team is thinking but they sure don't give a hoot about QA. The sports simulation is over. Usher in a new era of online sports gaming.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
The only way they would ever do it prior to the PS4 is if the entire player base refused to purchase Madden 11.

That won't happen.

The pleads for a new engine will hopefully be realized with the PS4. However, as I've said elsewhere: I don't know that I want to buy a PS4. Right now, I honestly want one football game that plays like football and has a solid franchise that goes long, long term. Graphics are good enough now to keep me happy long term - hell - I can still play old 2k stuff without cringing at the visuals from last gen.

I want to have a football game that I can play to the end. A real gem. I'm starting to go crazy waiting!
Dont underestimate the power of a mass return. It seems that up until now consumer based pressure on EA isnt working.

If gamers would commit and follow through on a single date for everybody to return a game to a single franchise, it would really be a last hope.

Trust me if Gamestop gets a crazy amount of returns the same day, and has to stock them, they will put preassure on EA.

If each store has to sit on 20+ used copies of the game, they would have to lower the price or move the copies to another store to balance the stock. Both of those moves would cost Gamestop time and money. In addition to that used copies of M10 would have a hard time selling when the used section is fully stocked.

I hate to say this, but "Fight For Every Yard" seems rather funny now. Again I fail to see how a random player can find in game issues that beta testing should easily find.

You would think that the offensive AI would realize this works and use it every time in CPU vz CPU games. Even if they find it to work just by checking down. Has anybody looked into that?

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-16-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #72
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

I really wish Madden would adopt beta testing. CD is cool, but it doesn't suffice as a proper way of discovering issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »