Home

PS2 madden 10 worth

This is a discussion on PS2 madden 10 worth within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 madden 10 worth

Is the ps2 madden worth buying when I already have 09?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: PS2 madden 10 worth

Madden 10 probably isnt worth having if you own 07.

Let me ask you something...do you have a decent computer for gaming?

If you do, get Madden 2008 for the PC, and then checkout the Football Freaks website and check out the global mod for 2010, which should be coming out in a few weeks. I like Madden 2010 for PS3, but I will still be playing Madden 2008 on the PC this year due to the mods.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

co-signed...

true story
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

You cpu sports gamers have more patience than I...I hate the generic controlers, fiddling around trying to get the resolution right, sitting my desk playing games, the small moniter....there's nothing appealing to me about sports gaming on a pc...not even the mods. But, to each his own I guess.

I would like to hear more about Madden 10 on PS2.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

NFL 10 on ps2 is horrible. Graphics get worse each year since the next gen versions been out.

I play with the 49ers and their rosters are completely screwed up. They have there 5th round linebacker as a no name DT at 6'2" 244 which you can't edit to put at MLB. Aubrayo Franklin their starting DT isn't even in the game. They still have Ron Fields who plays for Denver rated at a 47 OVR and he is also on Denver Rated at an 82.

No Allen Rossum so I have terrible Punt/Kick returners, second should be Delanie Walker or Michael Robinson but Robinsons speed has been droppped very low.

Michael Lewis is slower than the linebackers, and his picture isn't even him it's the old Michael Lewis who isn't even in the game.

Sims is a RT and shouldn't make the team. Alex Boone is missing, Kory Sheets missing, Ahmad Brooks missing. Jay Moore will probably be cut.

During the game the uniforms change pants get a red stripe going accross the knee and thigh area. No SF logo on the sleeves, it should be Reebok logo. Facemask is grey not red. Team shoes have been black for three years now not white.

Game is slowed down just like next gen it does play better but the uniforms changing during a play is really annoying. Free agent rosters are terrible and have guys that should be retired and won't find a team. WR had three of the same guy, same picture same name.

Last edited by tktnuri; 08-16-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tktnuri
NFL 10 on ps2 is horrible. Graphics get worse each year since the next gen versions been out.

I play with the 49ers and their rosters are completely screwed up. They have there 5th round linebacker as a no name DT at 6'2" 244 which you can't edit to put at MLB. Aubrayo Franklin their starting DT isn't even in the game. They still have Ron Fields who plays for Denver rated at a 47 OVR and he is also on Denver Rated at an 82.

No Allen Rossum so I have terrible Punt/Kick returners, second should be Delanie Walker or Michael Robinson but Robinsons speed has been droppped very low.

Michael Lewis is slower than the linebackers, and his picture isn't even him it's the old Michael Lewis who isn't even in the game.

Sims is a RT and shouldn't make the team. Alex Boone is missing, Kory Sheets missing, Ahmad Brooks missing. Jay Moore will probably be cut.

During the game the uniforms change pants get a red stripe going accross the knee and thigh area. No SF logo on the sleeves, it should be Reebok logo. Facemask is grey not red. Team shoes have been black for three years now not white.

Game is slowed down just like next gen it does play better but the uniforms changing during a play is really annoying. Free agent rosters are terrible and have guys that should be retired and won't find a team. WR had three of the same guy, same picture same name.
Did they fix the franchise progression?
Old 08-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlett316
Did they fix the franchise progression?

They dont fix anything on PS2 anymore. EA is so slimy it disgusts me. All Madden 2010 is is Madden 2006 with 2010 rosters. The game still has bugs and issues it had 4 years ago. Youd think with how much they ignore the older gen versions that the current gen Madden would be damn near perfect by now.

Sorry...this whole thing just gets on my nerves. Lots of people still play PS2 Madden and EA doesnt put any effort into it at all.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

y2j469's Arena

OVR: 3

IMO Madden 10 for ps2 isnt worth the upgrade. Franchise mode is untouched from last year and the free agency mode may honestly be worse. After year one in my first franchise the free agent qbs were Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler and Matt Casell just to name a few. If you love alternative uniforms it does have a ton but its just not enough of an overall upgrade to justify $40.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »