Home

Just blow this engine up please.

This is a discussion on Just blow this engine up please. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Just blow this engine up please.

This current Madden game engine is not capable of providing a realistic, immersive, true to life representation of NFL football. The lack of control and overal feeling of disconnect from whats happening on the field is still glaring. This has always been my biggest problem with "next gen" Madden. This engine does not serve the true sim player justice at all. And it makes the game VERY boring.

They keep making it "look" better, but the nuts and bolts of NFL football just isnt here and never will be IMO.

The devlepers need to lock themselves in room for a year with NFL 2K5 and Madden from xbox1. And dont come out until Madden 2011destroys these games in every facet of NFL football. If they can't do this then they need to relinquish the liscense and be done with this BS.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Just blow this engine up please.

Wont happen, the ps4 will be out and we will still be playing a souped up ps2 game.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I feel you man

I want madden to finally blow out and destroy all these comparisons to games from 5 years ago. The comparing of present madden to madden 04 gets more pitiful by the day. Ther should be no comparison, we should be laughing at how basic madden 04 was and praising the fantastic madden 10.

But we can't. Maybe we can get a good game before the new gen hits and were back at square one
Old 08-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agreed. I decided to download the demo for APF 2k8, just to see the world of difference in the running game specifically. I've probably played 10+ games of Madden 10 football and the running game has always felt terrible. No real holes, no intelligent AI Blocking, a big random mess when you slow it down and look at what is really going on.

My FIRST CARRY with Roger Craig on APF 2k8 (Up the middle for seven yards) is easily the most realistic, enjoyable representation of a running game I've seen all weekend. Madden is still Madden. It's incredibly pretty, and I'm trying to like it - but there are glaring problems.

I honestly wish 2k would sell the 2k in-game engine to EA. I think it's sad that as a fan of the NFL and NASCAR, the two best representations of those sports are now both over five years old.

This franchise needs a new engine. Badly. If this is the pinnacle of what this engine can do, then this entire generation of Madden football is and was a waste. I regret buying into the hype this year, when I was smart enough not to buy 09.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
Agreed. I decided to download the demo for APF 2k8, just to see the world of difference in the running game specifically. I've probably played 10+ games of Madden 10 football and the running game has always felt terrible. No real holes, no intelligent AI Blocking, a big random mess when you slow it down and look at what is really going on.

My FIRST CARRY with Roger Craig on APF 2k8 (Up the middle for seven yards) is easily the most realistic, enjoyable representation of a running game I've seen all weekend. Madden is still Madden. It's incredibly pretty, and I'm trying to like it - but there are glaring problems.

I honestly wish 2k would sell the 2k in-game engine to EA. I think it's sad that as a fan of the NFL and NASCAR, the two best representations of those sports are now both over five years old.

This franchise needs a new engine. Badly. If this is the pinnacle of what this engine can do, then this entire generation of Madden football is and was a waste. I regret buying into the hype this year, when I was smart enough not to buy 09.
I've been saying for awhile now that 2K and EA should get together to make a supreme football game.

Let EA keep the "Madden NFL" title, they own the rights anyway, but 2K has proven that it can simply make a more realistic football engine.

I'm enjoying Madden NFL 10 so far. It's a great game, but it has so many problems that it feels like I'm playing BETA.

2K, while not as flashy, was just solid. Everything that was in the game was finely tuned and polished to perfection.

I just think that EA has too much pride to go down that path, though. But, really. If 2K was making an NFL game this year, how worried do you think EA would be? Pretty damn worried, I'd say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

I'd be happy with a new sim engine.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

topic creator...shut up. Jesus
Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

^ and thats the whole point guys. In 2009 this game should be so far ahead ALL last gen games it isnt even funny. There should be absolutely no comparison possible to last gen games at all.
Minnesota Wild
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »