Home

**Franchise Stat fixes and problems**

This is a discussion on **Franchise Stat fixes and problems** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: **Franchise Stat fixes and problems**

Part of me wishes that for all simmed games in a franchise they would just have a range of statistical possibilities/probabilities based on real life stats. By that I would like to take it out of the hands of the engine and just slap up realistic stats. The engine is too broken to accurately sim results. You can kind of control the games you play but, fundamentally Madden doesn't get football right.

3-4 as everyone stated is fundamentally poorly executed and there's nothing you can really do about it. When I'm looking for DE's in the draft I'm looking for bigger, stronger guys that can occupy tackles and free up the linebackers to make plays. Same goes for NT's. But, in Madden the Casie Hampton's of the world are penetrating and getting sacks. I noticed this going back to the 5 minute demo. When someone would get a sack and the stat overlay would say 2ND SACK OF THE DAY, 3 SACKS IN 2008. The reason they had 3 sacks in 2008 was because they aren't pass rushers but the game doesn't get it.

We need more defined roles so players would fit the scheme they should be playing in. For instance in NCAA defensive linemen are defined as run stopper/balanced/pass rusher. That is very simplified but, it gives you an idea of what type of player should fit particular schemes. OLB needs to be revamped for the 3-4. Smallish DE's with pass rush skills should grade out better as OLB's than DE's in a 3-4.

RB stats. TD's aside the problem seems to be with the stretched out ratings. The top guys are good but after that it's far too many players average 2-2.5 yards a carry. I don't know what is driving this but it's not good.

I think that solely relying on individual ratings takes away from the team concept. For instance, for years the Broncos have had great running games without having necessarily great individual linemen but as a UNIT they were awesome. But, if you broke down each players ratings they may not be all that good. That's why I would like to see a unit ranking that gives a boost to the overall unit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #42
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
How do you supersim games involving teams you don't control?

I refuse to control every single team in franchise, it just ruins everything for me.
I think you might have to control all the teams. That's the only way you can make the Coaching philosophies anyway. You might be able to just play a game with CPU teams, then pause it, and go to super sim, not sure though. I'm planning on doing the 32 teams dance again.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #43
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
I think you might have to control all the teams. That's the only way you can make the Coaching philosophies anyway. You might be able to just play a game with CPU teams, then pause it, and go to super sim, not sure though. I'm planning on doing the 32 teams dance again.
Boo
Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
yeah you will have to control every team but its not that big of a pain. after you get the coach sliders set, just go to every team you dont want to control and set it so the cpu signs FA, drafts, ect. so it will take 30 min at the begining but wont have to touch it again till the next season and adjust it for the new coaches
Old 08-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #45
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRIPP81
yeah you will have to control every team but its not that big of a pain. after you get the coach sliders set, just go to every team you dont want to control and set it so the cpu signs FA, drafts, ect. so it will take 30 min at the begining but wont have to touch it again till the next season and adjust it for the new coaches
Can you set it up so you don't even have to touch any of the other 31 teams? I feel cheap controlling every team, It's like some kind of psychological complex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

if you want to adjust the coaching sliders then you will have to control all 32 teams.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #47
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm keeping my eye on this thread
Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #48
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Is anybody else finding problems or Doing tweaks to see if they can figure it out. I am almost to the point where only a Patch will help. I feel bad I kinda led you guys on, I had good results and like some problems and I have made soo many tweaks I cant remember. I should of wrote down what I had/did. . Instead I kept tinkering to try perfection and Came out with a horrible product lately

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »