Home

Where is the EA crew (i.e. Ian and Adam)?

This is a discussion on Where is the EA crew (i.e. Ian and Adam)? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Where is the EA crew (i.e. Ian and Adam)?

Yeah they definitely need a few days off to relax then refocus on fixing things when they get back.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

back to the vacation thing. now i don't know how long their hours are when creating the game, or how many days a week they work, but if they put soooo much time in, then why does the game feel incomplete. not trying to be a d*ck, but damn, i don't feel like the job is complete just because you have my 60 bucks, at least continue working until the season begins. am i being too unreasonable???
Old 08-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrey
back to the vacation thing. now i don't know how long their hours are when creating the game, or how many days a week they work, but if they put soooo much time in, then why does the game feel incomplete. not trying to be a d*ck, but damn, i don't feel like the job is complete just because you have my 60 bucks, at least continue working until the season begins. am i being too unreasonable???
Chill out, dude.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yes, actually, it is too unreasonable.

Because even if the do that and release a patch, people like you will come back and say "Why are they taking a vacation!? GET BACK TO WORK"

Some of you have unrealistic ideas about how things work. The game needs to be fixed, but they arent going to work year round without a break, even though most people on here want them to.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
Rookie

and let me add that I DO THINK THE GAME IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT, but is that REALLY saying much????

lets look at all the good:

- Presentation- we have Super Bowl patches, the field depicts playoff time, new sideline scenes, blah, blah, blah. Overall, a good thing

- Soundtrack- i really like the music they put into the game.

- Difficulty- i like how if you make the right calls, and execute you can see some big gains running the ball. i also like how it's not impossible to pass. on the flip side, the computer is stoppable i believe, i can generate a pass rush. now i am playing on My Skill setting though, have to play on all madden i guess to see what everyone else is complaining about.

- Backtrack- i like how collinsworth breaks down the play showing the mistake you made in reading the coverage. it helps me get better passing

now the bad:
- attention to detail- i know some people think they nailed this, but i disagree. lets take the coaches for example. i'm a bears fan and i've never seen lovie smith yell at any of his players. nuff said. lol and some players don't celebrate after a big play, they just get up or give the ball to the ref and move on like business as usual. ZERO individuality

- stat tracking- awful. point blank, it's broken and needs fixing. should not have shipped like this. they played the game, you mean to tell me they didn't notice this????? yeah right.

- presentation- i know this was in the good section, but it also gets a bad because it's overdone is some aspects. a QB is not on the phone when the offense is preparing to go on the field. that cutscene should show after an interception or failed 3rd down pass conversion.

- sound- the soundtrack is great, but sounds during the game suck. it's boring as hell!!!!!! i haven't played at the bucs stadium, but does the cannon even sound??? i know when i played the vikes, i didn't hear that annoying a** horn. but as annyoning as it is, it should be apart of the game. and the crowd could still be a lil louder at certain points of the game.

- breaking tackles- ummmm, if four guys are on your back, i dont think you should be able to break that tackle. two maybe, but breaking out of a four man tackle is unreal. IMO.

that about does it for me. i feel like, if you fix those problems coupled with the things that they did right, and you have one hell of a game. don't get me wrong, it's still one helluva game........ when compared to Madden 09. but for all the hype, it's STILL a disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Yes, actually, it is too unreasonable.

Because even if the do that and release a patch, people like you will come back and say "Why are they taking a vacation!? GET BACK TO WORK"

Some of you have unrealistic ideas about how things work. The game needs to be fixed, but they arent going to work year round without a break, even though most people on here want them to.
people like me??? well, i guess i just believe seeing a project through. and we all know, the job isn't done just because you take someone's money. i'm sure they get compensated well for their "long" hours. i guess that's just the military in me. sorry.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacfenian
Chill out, dude.
i'm pretty chilled, dude. i'm just tired of the same thing every year from the ONLY football game on the market. that's all. i'm not tripping for real, just stating how i feel.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #24

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
people like me??? well, i guess i just believe seeing a project through. and we all know, the job isn't done just because you take someone's money. i'm sure they get compensated well for their "long" hours. i guess that's just the military in me. sorry.
The job is far from done.

Vacation doesn't mean finished.

I believe the first patch is either done, or extremely close to being done.

They don't want to start on patch#2 until a few weeks after the release so they can assure that they fix the most glaring issues.

What else would you have them be doing at this point? In all reality, this is the best time for them to take a vacation. As soon as patch #2 is done, work begins on Madden 11.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »