Home

Presentation improvements for 11: Your thoughts

This is a discussion on Presentation improvements for 11: Your thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Presentation improvements for 11: Your thoughts

Make the Extra Point like FIVE MINUTES. Go through EVERY SINGLE GAME and show highlights from other games.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17

The commentary SUCKS,they sound like 80 year old men,please bring back al michaels/john madden
Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 36

I don't know if it's just my ears, but I am not hearing the crowd chants that they said were in the game. That is one thing to add to madden 11 and everything else that has been said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

I got ALOT of new presentation idea's im gonna be posting soon that im brainstorming still but i usually wait a few months after the current madden is out..before i post my idea's/suggestions for the next game.

By the way, im really appreciating the presentation added this year..it added so much more excitment to the game..praise god! lol i swear it makes a nite and day difference with the atmosphere of madden10.

I know one thing though..that commentary needs total revamp for M11

I'll be back in the near future with some kickbutt presentation idea's that i think will make M11 rock'n even more, hopefully the dev's will take note.. ..right now im too busy playing this exciting game of pigskin
Old 08-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 12

Building on what they have right now I hope to see big plays from other games while your still playing your game down the road. Maybe right after a down is finished, timeout, etc. Even do a little of this with the halftime show

Would really make it feel I was watching a football game.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

First off, commit to stadium specific chants. Let's have consistent cutscenes for Pete's sakes! I swear, earlier today I saw my cousin play with the Bears against the Cowboys. They showed a replay with a Cowboys RB named Jones running down the Bears sideline and the Bears players were pumping their fists cheering it on. Huh?

Then my cousin also picked off Romo with Nate Vasher and take it to the house, but Ogunleye was celebrating with Daniel Manning?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Adding a draft presentation/analysis to the Extra Point Show; having a cutscene of the commish coming up to the podium and announcing each first round pick, and then panning over Radio City Music Hall to each teams respective fans and getting a reaction. Then it would cut to a screen where you would hear the extra point analyst, who would take you through a run down on the player's name/position/college/age, their scouting report, projected depth chart placement, and finally, a realistic grade (based on how well it fits a need, and wheteher or not it was a good selection based on best player available) from both the Extra Point Crew and the Fans. After the first round, the same process would repeat just minus the visual.

Obviously, as has already well expressed, there needs to be an overhaul in the commentary factor.
Maybe having dynamic emotion in the commentary. I know it would be ridiculously hard, but if they could pull it off...

Dyanmic fan attendance/reaction as someone has already said.

Team specific fan gear (one example could be the Terrible Towel seen waving from the field and in cutscenes).

More cutscenes, especially ones having to do with late game wins, playoff wins, and Superbowl wins. The more dramatic the finish, the more emotional and wild the player's and coaches react on the sidelines. The same goes for the fans and announcers. Really bring the atmosphere to life in Madden.

I'd love to see in Franchise, in game or real time updates as you're playing, that give you highlights of scores around the league.

I would love to see all that attempted in Madden 2011, but I'm 99% sure that it won't all be in. There are a lot more pressing needs to be addressed for sure, but I'd be fine with 1 or 2 of those elements being placed in next year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I do apologise for starting an '11 thread already, as it's something I'd never normally do. I normally have a go at people for this lol

However the improvement in Madden 10 has really got me excited about the potential of the next installments. The Extra Point, while based on 2K5's presentation, has almost unlimited potential.

You never know, we could be seeing our own version of NFL Total Access in Madden one day!

I just wanted to ask people their opinions while they are experiencing this game. Hopefully, if EA read this, maybe the thread can go on and we can have elongated discussion about this.

Thanks for the comments so far, keep 'em coming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »