Home

Can EA make the AFL Jerseys available before wk1?

This is a discussion on Can EA make the AFL Jerseys available before wk1? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #25
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can EA make the AFL Jerseys available before wk1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Teams with great uniforms don't need to change them every 3 years. The only real difference to the Raiders unis is the pants - they are more shiny now then they were back in the 60's and 70's. I consider them a classic uniform and should never be really changed - like the Steelers, Bears, and Packers. Other sports too, like Notre Dame, USC and Penn State. The Yankees.

The Raiders may stink on the field right now, but they look good doing it.
Someone needs to tell that to the Steelers so they'll stop wearing that stupid yellow helmet. (which, btw, doesn't have a historically accurate logo on it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am still frustrated with the zero updates on the AFL Legacy unis issue.
They were honestly the first thing I looked for when I opened the game before I started playing (since I already had the demo).

I was reading on this forum that they found out about the NFLs emphasis on the AFL legacy 'late in the cycle.', meaning their dev cycle (from Phil Frazier). The coaches meeting was in May I believe, which is when I think they really started pushing the AFL idea, so as far as an August release goes, this could be considered kind of late.

Though, I really don't think its that hard to make uniforms.

So my point is, while the game has only been out for 12 days, and though they might have found out about the AFL push late, they've had adequate time to at least inform their loyal (read: EA monopoly on the NFL license) customer base about their plans.

The first AFL Legacy games (aside from the HoF game which already happend) are Monday Sept 14. So if they really want to back up their 'its in the game' declaration, I guess they still have a few weeks to keep us waiting.

I still enjoy the game, and think a lot of the new additions are enjoyable, but I was looking forward to the AFL unis, particularly the Broncos ones because I think they are insane.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyob
I am still frustrated with the zero updates on the AFL Legacy unis issue.
They were honestly the first thing I looked for when I opened the game before I started playing (since I already had the demo).

I was reading on this forum that they found out about the NFLs emphasis on the AFL legacy 'late in the cycle.', meaning their dev cycle (from Phil Frazier). The coaches meeting was in May I believe, which is when I think they really started pushing the AFL idea, so as far as an August release goes, this could be considered kind of late.

Though, I really don't think its that hard to make uniforms.

So my point is, while the game has only been out for 12 days, and though they might have found out about the AFL push late, they've had adequate time to at least inform their loyal (read: EA monopoly on the NFL license) customer base about their plans.

The first AFL Legacy games (aside from the HoF game which already happend) are Monday Sept 14. So if they really want to back up their 'its in the game' declaration, I guess they still have a few weeks to keep us waiting.

I still enjoy the game, and think a lot of the new additions are enjoyable, but I was looking forward to the AFL unis, particularly the Broncos ones because I think they are insane.

I feel your pain. I know EA is aware of it, and all of the jerseys have been approved by the league. I just want them in before wk1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »