Home

Need Help Understanding How Scouting Works in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Need Help Understanding How Scouting Works in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Need Help Understanding How Scouting Works in Franchise Mode

OK, I have a few questions now that I've dived into franchise mode:

1) How long do you guys scout one particular player? If I can scout 18 guys per week, do you guys scout all 18 on week 1, and then do another 18 on, say, week 6?

What I'm asking is...how long will it take me to get a good amount of information on one player?

2) If they show us a "potential" bar in the scouting, why would I ever scout guys at the lower tier of the list? Now certainly, the guys are the top with the most potential are guaranteed to be there later in the draft, but if you "potential" bar is considerably low--and I already know this in advance of scouting--why would I ever give him a look?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if these guys with lower potential can still be gems? Can a guy who's potential bar is only 50% full still be a gem and come out of the draft rated, say, 82? Has anyone checked on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Need Help Understanding How Scouting Works in Franchise Mode

bump
Old 08-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 38

I got MLB in the 7th with a 76 overall and a B potential.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Not sure about the potential part, but I scout the full 18 guys for 4 weeks and then I move on to another 18. Reveals some info, but doesn't make it so easy that you end up with all guys in the 80s with your picks.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would love some sort of guide on this. I usually buy NCAA and not madden but reversed it this year. Not sure about a lot of things on franchise mode, but scouting seems the biggest puzzle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

From what i understand the potential bar isnt always correct. And with my scouting staff or whatever i get to scout 24 players, so i scout them for as many weeks as it takes to get them fully scouted then move on to another 24. But the 1st 24 i scouted were guys that i really wanted/needed.

Edit: And i dont think you can see the potential bar during the draft.

Last edited by CKW11; 08-16-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

In the offseason hire a better scouting staff and you will get better information As for your question, yes I scout 18 for six weeks and then switch. However, if after three weeks the info is pretty weak then I will drop the scouting of a particular player and move on. Essentially by the end of the season I will have full reports on about 52 players.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

it wont let me post the link haha

http://www.gamefaqs. /boards/988575-...fl-11/56100257

put "com" after the . and it has a nice scouting FAQ there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
OK, I have a few questions now that I've dived into franchise mode:

1) How long do you guys scout one particular player? If I can scout 18 guys per week, do you guys scout all 18 on week 1, and then do another 18 on, say, week 6?

What I'm asking is...how long will it take me to get a good amount of information on one player?

2) If they show us a "potential" bar in the scouting, why would I ever scout guys at the lower tier of the list? Now certainly, the guys are the top with the most potential are guaranteed to be there later in the draft, but if you "potential" bar is considerably low--and I already know this in advance of scouting--why would I ever give him a look?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if these guys with lower potential can still be gems? Can a guy who's potential bar is only 50% full still be a gem and come out of the draft rated, say, 82? Has anyone checked on this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »