Home

TACKLES,PANCAKE BLOCKS AND SACKS??

This is a discussion on TACKLES,PANCAKE BLOCKS AND SACKS?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: TACKLES,PANCAKE BLOCKS AND SACKS??

Ive switched from 9 to 7 minute quarters and still no luck with tackles. Im guessing the user teams assisted tackles are not adding up with the total tackles. Has to be why. Because at one point early in the season my MLB had more assisted than total. hmm?????????
Old 08-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Guys even playing 15 min quarters you still may get lucky and have your MLB get 8+ tackles a game. Most of the time it's around 5. This is from MLB's that are 90+ OVR.

Yet at the end of every season, my MLB has like 60-80 tackles while MLB's like Laurenitis or Urlacher are pulling in 130+ tackles each and every year.

Now I checked each game Laurenitis was playing and he was sometimes getting 14 tackles a game. Hell one game he got 17 tackles!

The tackles, pancake blocks and sack system is flawed bigtime in M10. What really is annoying is the fact that if your OL guys don't get pancakes because the system is broken, then the AI considers them NOT performing so they won't progress as much. Sure they will in their first few years, but when they get in their mid to late 20's...they won't much.

Hopefully a patch will come soon and not have to wait until November??

Last edited by joejccva71; 08-22-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Guys even playing 15 min quarters you still may get lucky and have your MLB get 8+ tackles a game. Most of the time it's around 5. This is from MLB's that are 90+ OVR.

Yet at the end of every season, my MLB has like 60-80 tackles while MLB's like Laurenitis or Urlacher are pulling in 130+ tackles each and every year.

Now I checked each game Laurenitis was playing and he was sometimes getting 14 tackles a game. Hell one game he got 17 tackles!

The tackles, pancake blocks and sack system is flawed bigtime in M10. What really is annoying is the fact that if your OL guys don't get pancakes because the system is broken, then the AI considers them NOT performing so they won't progress as much. Sure they will in their first few years, but when they get in their mid to late 20's...they won't much.

Hopefully a patch will come soon and not have to wait until November??
This Pisses me off to no end. I think part of the problem is that tackles are unofficial in real life so some guys get their tackles run up like crazy even when they barely make the play. So an assisted tackle may be counted as a solo.

Therefore when you sim the games madden tries to match these real life numbers which may be a bit to high. But if you play the game there is no oppurtunity to get those "boosted" stats.

Does that make sense? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Unfortunately this issue has plagued madden for quite a number of years including old gen madden etc. You'd think that with all the complaining about this the issue, it would be fixed by now but I guess not.
It has become quite obvious that the either the quality control guys are missing this during their “extensive testing” or the issues regarding franchise play and progression isn’t that high on the priority list
Old 08-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning_Fox
Unfortunately this issue has plagued madden for quite a number of years including old gen madden etc. You'd think that with all the complaining about this the issue, it would be fixed by now but I guess not.
It has become quite obvious that the either the quality control guys are missing this during their “extensive testing” or the issues regarding franchise play and progression isn’t that high on the priority list
Old gen Madden I could actually hang in tackles with a user controlled LB. This is the first next-gen Madden that I have played more than a week or long enough to see issues like this. I dont see why the extra stat is assisted tackles instead of solo tackles. Since its flawed I really dont see the point of having anything other than Tackles. Period.

Like the guy said before me, hopefully they patch pancakes and tackles, sometime soon. Not around Xmas.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Waaay to many tackles for CPU MLB. In my franchise tons of guys had 150+. In real life 150 is only acheived by 2-3 players a year. Plus the CBs only have 20 odd tackles a year is ridiculous.

Pancakes should all but be removed from madden, now that there is no lead blocking, you can't even manually control guys. Just hurts OL progression.

Stat glitches need to be fixed, fewer MLB tackles, more CB tackles. Fewer passing TDs more rushing TDs. This has to be fixed in patch 1. Relatively simple and no excuse for them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »