Home

Quick video I put up (Honest open minded opinions only)

This is a discussion on Quick video I put up (Honest open minded opinions only) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Quick video I put up (Honest open minded opinions only)

Theirs a lot of talk around the forums about what's sim and what's not. What's tolerable and what's not.

Myself, I understand that these are just video games and we play them as past times, hobbies, for fun or whatever the case may be, but we also spend our hard earned money on these games as well which are not as cheap as they use to be years ago.

With that said, I would like an honest opinion as to whether what is seen in this video is simulation football or if it's something that is not simulation but just tolerable???

Second question is, if situations like this can be produce better, and said developers have the hardware to do is, and situations like this have plagued this legacy for years, and also been done exceptionally better in other games, then why is it just tolerable??? Why isn't it held accountable? Do we as consumers not expect more for the money which we spend???

And with that said here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuICdhicApk

To me it seems as though morphing has took the place of mario running, treadmill running whatever you want to call it, as you see Parker morph right through #54. I wasn't able to get good footage of it, but one of my many problems with Madden is.....what exactly is #21 and #23 doing on the Cardinals??? Ok #21 got pushed in front of Parker but his body was never accounted for, didn't stop Parkers momentum going forward or nothing. And #23 comes over and does absolutely nothing but dives away. The replay stop I wasn't able to go forward anymore but that was a TD by Parker. And the only player that was able to actually interact with Parker was #24, after that no one else can get involved in the play and stop momentum.

Now like I said before, I know it's just a video game. But ask yourself this, when you've had a 5 star meal before, and you go to another 5 star restaurant and some body comes out with a Mcdonald's happy meal for you to eat, and you no they can do better than that, do you just accept it for what it is or demand a higher level of quality from that company????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Quick video I put up (Honest open minded opinions only)

Yea the morphing needs to be one of the FIRST things fixed because it happens ALOT when you are throwing the ball too. The ball goes through receivers hands and sometimes through the receivers body. It gets horribly annoying when you lose the Super Bowl because on that 3rd down play...I have a WR wide open and the ball goes through him instead of him catching it for a TD to win the game.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

yeah there is some bad morphing in this game..one play my TE caught the ball and the LB dove but was too short and then magically floated like a couple inches and leg tackled my TE....terrible...
Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

It looked like 21 got pushed past the play. At least it did to me.

For 23, I Am not sure. If it was real life I'd say he overran the ball, which does happen, but I am pretty sure that's not what happened here. It looks like he basically failed to engage the "target".
Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

you think your video is bad, check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_zahos_rFo

excuse the language but man there is some anger and frustration in that man voice.

but back to the video. now u wonder why i call this ordeal THE MATRIX. this video is straight from the the first movie...LOL

EA football games are the worst ever when its comes to quality. you got morphing, ghosting, time-shifting, you name it and its consistent and then its not a good representation of the NFL so some of these problems will never be overlooked
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It looked like 21 got pushed past the play. At least it did to me.

For 23, I Am not sure. If it was real life I'd say he overran the ball, which does happen, but I am pretty sure that's not what happened here. It looks like he basically failed to engage the "target".
Yeah, if you go back and actually look at a couple replays, you can see that it's predetermined animations, it's like players diving for no reason because when someone on the defense is engage with a ball carrier no one else is able to make a play. It looks like he over pursued Parker but he didn't, when you look at the replay, when he comes in front of Parker he actually sits their for a second and then he just burst sideways into a dive. It's really bad man. And I really don't understand some people being ok with this. I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's like in that particular situation Parker was able to get the TD and while I had defensive players in the proper position to make a play, their was nothing I could do about it. Kind of takes away from skill because it seems as though many situations are just predetermined already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »