Home

I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it)

This is a discussion on I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #73
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecb2412
the problem is...a boycott which is what you are suggesting does not help in this situation....a boycott only works if EA stands to lose mass amounts of money by people not buying things...it doesnt cost them much money to put these little DLC things on sale (there is no real risk), if we dont buy them, they lose a manageable amount of money..and there are people who enjoy this stuff and feel it is worth it so they buy it. My point is...buy what you want, dont get mad if someone else buys it because not buying really wont change anything, the OP was just trying to tell people exactly what all of them do for you
ERTS is already losing a ton of money. Billions.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecb2412
1. the auto industry does sell you extras for the car...sunroof, A/C, 6-disc CD player
2. I have had to pay for extra luggage at an airport before.

the point im making is that EA is just trying to maximize there profits...I dont think they will take stuff away, but future "good" ideas that they come up with may very well be put as DLC...this type of thing happens in almost every type of buisness (do you want to supersize that?), and its starting to creep up in console gaming...may as well get used to it, because it will not just go away
That is fine then charge me $70 for a full game if they can't sell me a full game for $60 then they need to increase the cost not charge less but not give the entire game.

Things like swaying a player out of franchise should have been included. It was brought up over and over and I am pretty sure someone from EA said it was going to be in this year (he didn't mention DLC).

It is perfectly fine for EA to say hey guys we are making Madden 11 and have some great ideas that WILL be included next year BUT if you want to get them early as an update it will costs this much for the trouble.

That I am fine with. I even like the idea.

I am not cool with holding out on things they knew we wanted to just charge more in DLC form.

I, like many here, assumed talking a player out of retirement was going to be included in franchise this year with Josh at the helm because it was part of HC09, old madden, even 2k5 had it years ago.

You don't take something OUT of the game and say, oh I am sorry did you like that? Well, fork over so extra cash and you can have it back.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you control all 32 teams can you use these "boosts" one for each team in a season?

I'm curious as I am controlling all 32 teams now on the PS2, and am thinking of passing on next gen this year due to the dynasty issue for NCAA, but if imports can be somewhat corrected through this I am thinking about picking up both Madden and NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #76
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I think it is cool you are getting even more enjoyment from the game because of these. To me that is all that matters. I would consider them if I was in a better position financially, but I am disabled and my wife just lost her job, so things are tight. Sure overall the thought of so many add-ons is a bit of a turn off, but they are fairly cheap for one, not really needed to enjoy the game for another, so if you don't like the idea, you don't buy them. I don't see the real issue beyond that.

Keep enjoying the game. I really like the sound of that one that lets you change the potential of a player. Now that is something that could come in real handy during a franchise.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can any of the retirement packages be used on players on OTHER teams?

Also I noticed that a player's age and years played will not increase after age 42 or 18 years. So guys like Jeff Feagles will retire and his profile still reads Age: 43/Years Pro: 21. Also all of the top players (QB/WR/TE/K/P) will retire after 18 seasons max.

Because I had Donald Driver retire at 37 after 13 seasons and I ended up keeping him 3 more seasons. At 37 he was an 84 OVR and when I finally let him go at age 40 he was a 78 OVR so players still decrease in attributes.

Otherwise I think the retirements are pretty realistic this year by keeping the higher rated guys around longer. The only thing I didn't like seeing was Tony G. playing 18 seasons and he still retired at a 91 OVR so in my opinion regression still needs a little work for those top guys (Peyton is still a 99 OVR in my franchise and he's currently 39 entering his 18th season)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »