Home

Quarterback Avoidance?

This is a discussion on Quarterback Avoidance? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Quarterback Avoidance?

The problem with QB avoidance is EA never explained how to use it. In 2K football, they did a video explaining how to use their QB evade, and it all was depended upon where the tackle was coming from so you knew what move to make to evade the tackle depended upon your rating. It worked well when you have just gotten a little contact from the blindside(right handed QB) you can flick the right stick forward and he would do just that, or if you can't step up in the pocket you can push it to the right and if the defender is tackling high he would duck or bend over at the waist and the defender would fly over the top.

Maddens QB avoidance was introduced with no "how to" just like the Pass rush for right stick, so you are left with figuring it out. You can push up on the right stick to step up and so on and so forth with each direction. I have yet to see a break tackle in QB Avoidance. Well I just figured it out in theory, just now. EA's looks like it just to "Avoid" and 2k was to Avoid and Evade would be tacklers. So to avoid the tackle you would have to perform these moves prior to getting hit, and if thats the case, it is best to just nudge the left stick subtle around in the pocket.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

You move the right stick towards the pressure. I've used it a couple times and it worked. You're not going to break out of every one thankfully but it does work.

My thing is with the rumble thing for pressure I don't really focus on the line much anymore but if I see the pressure early enough it seems to work but again not every time.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

My problem is when I break out of a sack I assume I'm going to get sacked so I just stand there and get sacked by the next defender anyway, ha ha.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #20
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

If you have Mcnabb it's way better just to scramble anyway.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #21
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

The virtual trainer has a qb avoidance drill..... post your results!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #22
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I think that people that play 2K Football games might be a little confused about how the avoidance works in Madden. In 2K the Right stick was used at the moment of, or just before, impact. The QB would either duck the rusher's attempt or shrug the tackler off.

On Madden, I don't think it works like that. I think it is strictly to avoid. When you are controlling the QB on Madden 10, they make him walk much, much, much slower than he used to in other Maddens. It also takes a bit of time before he can change direction or even get moving from a dead standstill. He moves exponentially faster with the Right stick. You can use it to quickly step up or out of the way of a rusher. You have to look at your O-Line and make quick movements with the Right stick to put an O-Lineman between you and the rusher.

That's the way that I use it. I have never seen it actually break a tackle. In fact, in Practice mode when I practice using the avoidance, if I do it at the same time I get hit, more often than not, my QB fumbles. So I would tend to doubt that it is meant to move into the rusher and escape their grasp, or duck him, or anything like that. I think it is strictly to move quickly out of the way while in the pocket, because you move so much slower in 10 with just the Left stick than ever before. But, of course, it would be nice to have official confirmation of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »