Home

All Madden online = great. Flaws & Elite request & some strategy all on 1 thread!

This is a discussion on All Madden online = great. Flaws & Elite request & some strategy all on 1 thread! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
All Madden online = great. Flaws & Elite request & some strategy all on 1 thread!

After playing online on All-pro 5 minutes, I can see why a lot of people would get mad at this game. The facts are that the game has some issues, but many are based on the lower skill setting. A few issues I noticed on either level :

No instant replay under 2 minutes, they dont even go to booth (i know you can't call for it). I have had catches that looked inbounds, (even admitted by my opponent) be called out and not even booth challenged. This is obviously frustrating. Instant replay seems to need some work.

Onside kicks..when you kick onside before you can see who got the ball it clicks away to the play menu. Kind of weird...why is this?

Ok, on the the good stuff. I play with my friend on All Madden 7 minute quarters. My major request is for EA to make the Elite mode 7 minute quarters. 10 minutes is so long. You can get great stats in 7minutes and the game is done in 45 mins. That is a pretty ideal situation, especially if the game is a blowout.

All Madden is not much harder then all pro, but you will get better coverage and reaction from your D and special teams. Kickoff returns dont get past the 30 unless there is blown coverage. I also like All Madden because I can use teams that are not top tier and win. For example, I am really impressed by the Jags, and they are only a 71. I beat my friend who used the Colts pretty handily due to proper adjustments and good playcalling.

Another plus to All Madden. I scramble with David Gerrard when need be. But it's not a given that I just run past the lineman. Many times they chase me down and dont give me the edge. It does not feel cheesy basically. The scramble is realsitic and works when open, but not all the time.

Finally, the strategy part. Now that you can run the ball out of the shotgun, you can finally run a spread offense ala New England. This is a very good thing because the Jags base formation is the shotgun in this game. Id reccomend practicing running out of the gun and audibling to inside runs if you see the D over commiting to the pass by covering all your WRs in a nickle or dime.

So basically, All Madden is the way to play this game. You have a chance to beat a far better team if you know your playbook and have a scheme down. It is quite nice to be able to win games without needing to be the Eagles/Chargers/Pats/Steelers I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »