Home

I evaluate Madden like a stock: Buy or Pass

This is a discussion on I evaluate Madden like a stock: Buy or Pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I evaluate Madden like a stock: Buy or Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
Reading comprehension is fundamental. I have played the game and didn't like. Then stated if the patches can fix the problems I have with it I would buy it. I was just talking in 'stock' talk for those who follow the market.
You must be popular at parties. And with that, there's an impressions thread already. You can post your impressions in there.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Hey, I'm an accountant so I found this post by the OP pretty entertaining! Not sure about comparing a video game to the stock market and all of that, (pretty deep and you have some time on your hands, bro but I get the comparison, LOL!!!

Hey, I agree on a couple of things here. People should wait for patches to come out for these new games because there's ALWAYS something wrong. That's one reason not to run out and buy a game on Day 1. Also, I don't care what anyone says, $65 is a lot a dough to fork over for a game. I'll never buy a new game at that price and won't go past $35 for a game. Anything higher than that is silly to me.

The time of making a decision to buy is in late September because that when Madden 10 actually becomes a final product. All video games become a final product after the product. You didn't know that, kideos? I know it & you all know it because developers use gamers as beta testers (i.e. when you all complain about the game and they make the patch based on the complaints) to do the things their QA couldn't do which is test the quality of the game.

So here's a question: Is there any good reason why gamers are dropping $65 on a game that may not be finished until a month or two after release, especially when 90% of games are susceptible to being patched? "Man, I paid $65 for the game and after they put the patch out for it a month from now, I'll be able to pick it up and play it again!"

Let's start thinking here. Holla at ya' boy!

Last edited by swiftychampleone; 08-17-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Reading comprehension is fundamental. I have played the game and didn't like. Then stated if the patches can fix the problems I have with it I would buy it. I was just talking in 'stock' talk for those who follow the market.
Actually, you made no mention of playing the game in this post. You said that you hope you're a "buyer" this year which to me means you haven't purchased the game; my comprehension is just fine.

I'm not about to read your history of posts to find out if you've played the demos or rented the game since they all seem to be lengthy internal discussions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
You must be popular at parties. And with that, there's an impressions thread already. You can post your impressions in there.
I always tell people if you don't have nothing constructive to say don't say anything at all especially when you are wrong. There is no impression thread and impression are now allowed in the main forum but I guess you knew that already, right lol.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #13
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Seems like alot of work for just buying a video game. Just buy it. I am sure a big stock market guy like yourself has an extra 60 sitting around. Do you do this with everything new that comes out? Have you tried the new angus burger from McDonalds yet or are you still trying to make up your mind? Life is way to short.

lol. The only thing I know about stocks is Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice and the Crop Report thanks to the movie Trading Places. That and I haven't had the nerve to open up my 401K statement lately.

McDonalds' Swiss and Mushroom third pounder = buy.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Seems like alot of work for just buying a video game. Just buy it. I am sure a big stock market guy like yourself has an extra 60 sitting around. Do you do this with everything new that comes out? Have you tried the new angus burger from McDonalds yet or are you still trying to make up your mind? Life is way to short.
Agreed, haha. I understand where the OP is coming from, but the level of deliberation here is a bit much. Personally, M10 gets a solid buy rating from me, and I am a huge football strategy/sim guy. I can deal with the issues in the game.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #15
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I always tell people if you don't have nothing constructive to say don't say anything at all especially when you are wrong. There is no impression thread and impression are now allowed in the main forum but I guess you knew that already, right lol.
I missed that, actually. Thanks for clearing it up. One question: did you actually laugh out loud?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

The topic title clearly represents what this topic is about. I'm not getting where these bashers are coming from.

I thought it was an interesting read personally. Historically this gen of football games has not had a lasting appeal at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »