Home

I can't get into Madden anymore

This is a discussion on I can't get into Madden anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: I can't get into Madden anymore

Why do we need 1000 of the same same threads?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
It's the game and by sticking with the game you're only sending EA the wrong message and contributing to the reason why Madden is the way it is.
so what do we do to send a clear message?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrey
so what do we do to send a clear message?
Flood this message board before, during and after the release of Madden with negative bashing.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #44
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

EA is getting lazy. The way we fund them over and over and over and over throughout the years gives them this message: "We own the NFL license. FANS and PEOPLE will be forced to buy our titles if they want their NFL fix. We save money by not putting this and that in the games, wait until next year to slowly put it in each year's game. not only do we save money, but we gain money also more and more fans because they are expecting this and that feature. Who cares what fans think. we do what we do. mmkay?"

that's what it basically comes down to fellas. Sorry to say it, but it's all business, nothing personal.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

getting older does play a part, can't deny that. but also, you look at other games and wonder to yourself "why can't Madden be like this?" every game has it's flaws, like MLB The Show, but it's still a GREAT game. the cut scenes make sense and the presentation closely resembles what you see during a broadcast. the commentary is getting old, but that's a pretty simple fix. i haven't played games like FIFA or NHL, but i always here great things about them. does EA have any competition for the FIFA and NHL series???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 13

I do expect more from the game now that I am older.

When I was 12-13, all I wanted from Madden was to have fun. I didnt know much about football aside from the very basics. Run, pass, kick, punt...that stuff.

By the time I got to high school and started to learn the ins and outs of football, and was playing Madden 98-99, all I wanted was a fun game that was a little more true to life. Considering the technology at the time, I think it was pretty good.

While I was in the military, I may not have been playing football, but I was still a nut. I studied up on a ton of things I didnt know, and when I wasnt deployed I watched game film and studied players and tendencies of teams. Technology was getting better and along with that, Madden was starting to look and feel more like real football. I remember back in 2004-2005, playing both Madden and ESPN 2K5, and thinking "Wow, in 5 years, videogame football is going to be just like real life.

I got out of the military in August 2005 (right near the launch of Madden 2006, and ever since then, its been one big crap shoot. I still find things wrong with the game now (maybe even MORE THINGS) that I saw wrong in 2005.

Now, at 27, I am playing Madden 2010 and having SOME fun, but picking up on every little thing thats wrong with the game, even if I dont want to. Little things are easy to ignore. I dont care if players look like their real life counter parts (as long as DL dont look like LBs, Im straight). I dont nitpick, but when I see things like pursuit angles, blocking and unrealistic defesnive schemes...THREE THINGS THAT SHOULD BE WORKING PRETTY F'ING WELL BY NOW...still complete jacked up and unrealistic, it really puts a damper on the game.

I can enjoy Madden for what it is at times. At others, you either have to be completely ignorant or not know football very well to enjoy it, because when someone that knows even the most basic principles of football plays Madden, they are bound to see some things and say "Now dat aint right!" And when those start to pile up, the game becomes less and less entertaining and becomes more and more frustrating.

I almost wish I could go back to being 12-13 and not knowing much about the game aside from pass, run, kick punt and graphics.

To be honest, I would play with Madden 2005 graphics the next 10 years if it meant getting a game that plays and feels like the real thing.

Last edited by fourthreemafia; 08-17-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

I don't think it's bashing, it's just a demand for a higher quality product. It comes across as bashing because there are people who aren't going to agree. Everyone has a right to express their opinion. The one thing I don't think anyone can deny is that the bar has been lowered so much from the mess the last 4 years, we all get easily impressed by basic elements. I don't think EA as game company is bad at all. They make some great games, and their other sports franchises are special - FIFA, NHL. Madden is king though, and it has not lived up to the hardcore gamer's expectations. Madden is a great game for someone who is the casual sports fan who just enjoys taking the gridiron with their favorite team. That customer isn't trying to read the defense, thinking about following blocks or audibling to proper route combos. What can you do? EA is never giving up the license, after next season they will renew again. I don't think people who are fans of this type of game are wrong or misinformed or anything. Everyone is different. It just sucks for those of us who desire that realistic, hardcore simulation of the game both aesthetically and under the hood with the x's and o's. In my opinion, 2k did that much much better. Just my opinion. It would just be nice to have the option of playing that type of game with the NFL teams. I think if EA was really interested in creating a ground breaking football game, they would have done it already. It's just not in the cards.

A good buddy my age told me just today, he bought madden and he was disappointed, but he kept it because his 7 year old loves it. Can you imagine a 7 year old playing APF2k8? Trying to read the defense, follow the blocks, etc. etc?

What are you going to do? I'm just glad that for someone like me, I have a fantastic representation of football in APF2k8. Best football game I have ever played - to me. Others who prefer a different style have Madden. Like I said, to each their own. I just wish we all could share in the license of the best professional league in all of sports
Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Wow, thanks for that awesome wisdom.

If everyone had your hippy logic nothing would ever get better

Thanks for your wisdom. So complaining on a message board about a game you bought is going to make it better how?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »